Menu
pool10
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Missing subscriber channels

Hi

Changed my package to include Sky Sports last week and still cannot see the channels on my go app. I have deleted and added it back but no success. I understand that you need the sky sports app but the instructions are to click through the channel via the VM go app but I can't do this if I can't see the channel?

Also I have 4 devices registered but two are duplicates so how do I remove them?

0 Kudos
pool10
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Missing subscriber channels

Does anyone respond on here, its a joke

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pool10, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm really sorry you're having issues with the Sky Sports channels being added, this isn't good. 

Can you confirm that the Sky Sports channels are showing through the set top box? 

I've had a look from here and if the channel is available on the TV Go app and you click on it, it would then open in the Sky Sports app. 

Are any of the Sky Sports channels showing? Or is it that HD ones aren't showing?

Let us know and we can help further. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
pool10
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi none of my subscription channels are showing on my app . They are on my set-top box. I have re-installed the app several times. From what I have read Sky Sports should show on my app and then I click through to the sky sports app. Please arrange someone to call me if easier as I have tried technical help several times but the automated solutions simply say their is no issues in my area and I cannot get through to speaking to anyone.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi pool10,

You can actually download the Sky Sports app /help/watching-sky-sports and sign in using that to watch the Sky Sports channels rather than accessing them through the Virgin TV Go app. Hopefully that works for you for now.

sky sports ios/android app log insky sports ios/android app log in

You will either need to call in and speak to TV Faults regarding the subscription channels not showing on the app. Best time to call is 8am. Or wait a few days for a member of the Forum Team to pick this up.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Crockret
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My Sky Sports channels have disappeared from the TV Guide list too, both in Android app and in browser (and also from "My channels"), since about 6 weeks ago. I figured this was the usual "improvements" from Virgin Media. Do these channels still show for anyone using the TV Go TV Guide I wonder?

In any case, what newapollo says is absolutely right, you don't need to be redirected from the shonky VM app to actually watch Sky Sports, so it's better if you cut out the unreliable middle man altogether. For mobile devices just go straight to the Sky Sports app. For Windows devices, once the Sky Sports app is installed, you just go here:

https://www.skysports.com/watch

and log-in using the VM button as pictured in the previous reply.

0 Kudos
Crockret
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

With regards to you manging your Sky devices, the VM website suggests you can do so here:

manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/skydevices

But I just can't get that page to load at all at the moment. More "improvements" from the geniuses at VM it would seem.

0 Kudos
n_roberts99
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Exact same problem for me. Including the bit about not being able to get any solution.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi n_roberts99,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and can see you've been able to contact us regarding this and managed to get things sorted.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos