Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Missing Sky sports channels

Hi

For the past week the Sky sports channels have been missing from the TV guide. I can see Sky sports mix and News, but not the paid ones.  I spent over an hour on two separate occasions trying to explain this to your call centre people, but constantly kept being told that I needed to download the Sky sports app !!  Hardly relevant when I'm on a web browser logging into the TV go webpage !

Gave up with them in the end. Lost in translation somewhere.

I can watch them ok if I head over to the Sky website, all I want to know is why they've disappeared from the Tv guide !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing Sky sports channels

Good Morning Simmo24,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums!

Sorry to see you've been having issues with our TV Guide, having logged into my own TV guide I can see that only Mix and News are available in the guide. The reasoning for this is that we have the ability to include these channels in our TV packages, without having to subscribe to the Sky Sport full package as an add on, and this is why the guide and ability to watch these two channels on our TV Go application/browser are available.

To watch channels beyond the two fore mentioned, would be available on the Sky Sports application only. 

If you were to want an application on your smartphone or tablet that allows you to view the TV guide for Sky Sports content, alongside the other channels Virgin Media offers, download the TV Control application. This allows you to use your device as a backup remote control and also gives you the ability to record shows onto your set top box whilst you're out and about - a function that's served me well in the past!

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for your reply, but again missing the point entirely. Go to the Tv go website and have a look at the TV guide “without” logging in. You will see that all the Sky sports channels are there with a breakdown of the programmes currently showing. Click on one of those programmes and you will be directed to the Sky website , perfect !

However if I login to the Tv go website all the Sky sports channels have suddenly disappeared ! Channels to which I’m subscribed. 
Seems like it’s  something wrong with my profile. So this is the way I’ve been using the guide for about a week or so now, not logging in so I can see which programmes are currently showing.  I’m  sorry if I don’t appear to be explaining this correctly, It doesn’t seem to be that difficult to understand to me.

There is a facility in the settings to look at “My Channels” , Sky sports isn’t there, they should be I’m subscribed to them.

Once again I’m not trying to say that I should be able to watch Sky Sports channels from the Tv go application, I know that ! 
I want to see them on the guide when I’m logged into Tv go, they are there when I’m not logged in. 
This will be the last  comment I have on this, I’m tired of trying to explain it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Simmo24,

In the original post the fact that this was a case of being logged in versus not being logged in, wasn't highlighted and therefore I was unable to advise you on the exact point that you were making.

Again looking at the browser this appears to be the case on my TV Go guide also.

I'm happy to feed this back to our team but I'm not sure this is a fault with your profile or even my own, but agree it does seem odd that alternative TV Guides are being offered

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. I've also just had a very similar discussion with someone, ending in a similar end result.

Up until last week, on the virgin Now on TV website page, I have been able to access all my subscribed SKY Sports channels. Now all of them,except for SKY Mix and SKYSports News (the free channels), have disappeared.

I was informed that you can't access SKY Sports via the Now on TV website. I told him that I've been watching SKY Sports that way for the past five years, up until last week when they all suddenly disappeared from my channel list.

I'm now waiting on a phone call from a supervisor. I'm not holding my breath regarding a suitable explanation.

However, I have discovered that if you go here, you can access the channels.

https://www.skysports.com/watch

Martin

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

As in other posts I have spent an hour on 2 occasions only for the call to be cut off. I have been watching sky sports on virgin TV go for years yet no one can tell me why they no longer appear on the channel list. When I called today the operative said first of all that one cannot watch sky sports on virgin TV go, a worrying start.

I have had other issues and have yet to receive a resolution from virgin. I nearly went back to Sky last time and if I cannot watch sky sport on my mobile I will go at the end of my contract. 

Virgin were a bit cheaper then surprise surprise they upped the cost mid contract. 

Virgin need to get their act together 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

HI PJaskolski, 

Thanks for messaging us. We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service. 

Can you confirm if you have made any changes to your package? 

Do you still have Sky sports with your plan? 

Chris. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Have been trying to sign into SKY Sports through the alternative methods,since I can no longer get them when signed into Now on TV, but keep getting a message that "There was an unexpected error", so I can't sign in, despite trying fixes suggested on SKY webpage.

I'm getting the impression that there's something gone wrong at Virgin media's end,  which they can't be bothered to fix and won't admit it. Not good enough, as I'm paying through the nose for SKY Sports.

I feel a rather irate phone call in the offing.*

Suppose it gives me something to do since the football has been postponed.

M

Edit - *Just tried phoning only to be told that a signal would be sent to restart my equipment, in order to try and resolve a problem.I'm still waiting...…………...

They are at it. Phone call number two coming up!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

So phone call number two made. No pun intended. Spoke to a competent individual who explained that there had been a change in contract between VM and SKY 6 months ago and that you can no longer sign in to SKY sports via VM Now on TV account. Not sure I believe this, as my problems in signing in through VM only started a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, apparently you must now sign in through SKY App or SKY website.Since I keep getting "unexpected error" message, I was transferred to another department who, after taking details of browsers etc, promised a deeper investigation into my problem and that they would phone me back within the next five days. Given I'm still waiting from last week's call promised within 24 hours by the chancer that I dealt with, I'm not expecting much.

Apologies for sounding like I have no life, but given the financial outlay for these services, I'm **bleep**ed if I'm putting up with a below par delivery.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Please report back to us to let us know how the phone call goes with the adviser you spoke with today Martin1877

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos