Menu
pe2
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Maximum number of devices reached

I see on this forum that this is quite a common problem. I have 5 devices registered on my Virgin TV Go. I have kept the same 5 devices and never exchanged them. But on the google chrome devices it is saying “maximum number of devices reached” even though there have been no devices added or removed. 

The iPhone and Internet Explorer devices are still working fine but the three Google chrome devices are bringing up the message. 

I have waited until the start of the month to allow changes to devices but this hasn’t helped, the same problem is there. 

Please help, this is really frustrating. Is somebody able to refresh my device list please? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
splashscuba
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Maximum number of devices reached

I have the same problem except I have a mobile phone and 4 entries for the same PC (running windows 10) on Chrome. I now can only watch live TV on my mobile as all the 4 PC entries don't allow me to watch on my PC !. I now have to wait a month befoe I can watch on my PC again.

I can't seem to get help either on the phone or chat (don't know how to do this). Its very frustrating.

0 Kudos
splashscuba
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Maximum number of devices reached

So eventuallyI've bitten the bullet and phoned 150. Put a few options in and ignored prompts which eventually got me a human (1st line support). This took an hour of waiting on the phone. He couldn't solve the problem so another half hour to get the next level support. Took him 5 seconds to reset my device list (which I knew was what was needed). So just over 1 hour 35 minutes for 5 seconds of support.

Its fixed now but there must be a better way, even in a Covid world. Just adding a usable chat function would have been better  as I could have carried on with my work whilst on chat.

0 Kudos