Menu
asp48
Joining in
Message 1 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Maximum number of devices reached

Apparently I have reached the maximum number of devices. All 5 are my PC and all say My Computer - Google Chrome. What have I done wrong? Each time I logged in it registered me as a new device and now I cannot watch it. Trying to watch Champions LEague, please help?

0 Kudos
Mudfut
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 69
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Maximum number of devices reached

Hi, I've recently had the same problem, it told me to register my device (my pc), didn't work (even though it did in the past), tried until it said I couldn't change anything for a month.

OK so it's fixed now, not thanks to Virgin.

You need to call virgin (probably 30 mins wait, total bs) and tell them what happened. They should then delete the slots so you will have no devices registered.

When this is done do NOT try to register in Google Chrome or the new Edge browser, it will do the same thing as before ie. it will register 'My Computer - Google Chrome' and will not work. Edge is based on chrome, so the same thing happens.

You need to download Mozilla Firefox browser. It works fine in this browser. I have made a shortcut to Mozilla just for Virgin TV Go, I don't use it as default.

I also had to reinstall the virgin tv go app on my android phone and now that works.

It seems to be a problem with chrome (or chromium which is basically the architecture chrome and edge are built on).

This works, I literally did it 3 hours ago

😃

robertjclements
Joining in
Message 3 of 69
Flag for a moderator

That's great news as I had this problem this week.

What does concern me is the fact I mainly use TV GO to watch football in my hotel as I work away a lot. The main reason I use Google Crome is it didn't seem to work on Mozilla, Mozilla is the only browser I use normally.

I will give it a try and see how things go but sounds like you have cracked it 👍

0 Kudos
asp48
Joining in
Message 4 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help, will try ringing Virgin Media tomorrow morning!
0 Kudos
gazzie
Dialled in
Message 5 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have the same problem, Saturday 26th September. I only have one device, a desktop computer. I now have maximum number of devices reached message on both desktop app and my online account. I tried deleting and replacing as it asked me to do and it now says I have to wait 5 days until 1 October!! Help please! I have been trying to call 150 helpdesk but waiting over half an hour. Hopeless service all round.

0 Kudos
gazzie
Dialled in
Message 6 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Re above - finally got through to help desk after 40 minutes. I explained the problem, the help desk person had never heard of it before and said it was down to the TV Go service being "out". That is not true! He said he'd look into it a moment, then the line was cut off and I got "the other person has cleared" message. This is absolutely hopeless and infuriating!!!!!

Stumbler
Up to speed
Message 7 of 69
Flag for a moderator

I've just spent over an hour with the helldesk on this one.

Nice guy, nice chat. Bottom line is there's a known problem, it'll be fixed tonight - allegedly! Whether this fixes the fallout, e.g. Maximum Devices error, multiple same device on authorised Devices list, etc.. is beyond me and remains to be seen.

John

0 Kudos
stevebolt
Tuning in
Message 8 of 69
Flag for a moderator

same with me. using firefox. This has been ongoing for ages. Useless service

stevebolt
Tuning in
Message 9 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Ive had the problem for a few years so don't expect it to be fixed

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Hey @gazzie,

Is everything working correctly for you now with the TV go service? Have you been able to register more devices?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos