Menu
Phantom2448
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Maximum devices issues

Got an issue about the maximum devices, need the slots deleting as when using Chrome or Edge it keeps asking for the same device to be registered and it has used up the slots and now I can't work it on PC?

Apparently according to the forums if I use Mozilla Firefox it gets round the problem.

Is Virginmedia looking into this glitch so to prevent it causing issues and thus people like myself contacting you to get the devices reset?

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Maximum devices issues

Hi Phantom2448,

Thank you for your post and welcome the community. 

Our apologies for any issues with this. Just to confirm are you referring to the Tv Go App?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Phantom2448
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, that is correct, works fine on my mobile but everytime I go onto the website whether it is either Chrome/Edge which I understand is similar then it keeps asking me to register the same device and keep getting this issue.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have you at any point been able to access Tv Go via the those web browsers? And if so do you clear your history/cookies & cache?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Phantom2448
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have always been able to enter these sites via these browsers and when I leave the browser it is set to clear history, cache, cookies on most occasions upon exit.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Okay, so what it will be the TV Go service will be registered to the web browser as a device you have accessed it on. As you're clearing the information on the web browser after you've closed it and then accessing the Tv Go service again on that browser the Tv Go service is registering it as a new device. 

As you're already at the limit it won't allow you to proceed further. 

What I can do is private message you and we can look to clear all current resigstered devices if you'd like then going ahead you can register the ones you want.

How does that sound?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Phantom2448
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sure,

Also, what is the best way to prevent this from happening in the future, not clear the cache, history etc?

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I would recommend that if possible. 

I will private message you now.

^Martin

0 Kudos