Menu
Alben7791
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Maximum Devices Reached on TV Go App

Hi,

I've been using the TV Go Windows App for a couple of months and it seems every now and again I have to re-add my laptop as a new device. It did this again yesterday and so i added it. However, it then asked me to add it again and again i did so. I was then presented with a message stating maximum devices reached and I'm unable to add a new one until October 1st! 

I understand that different browsers count as a new device - even though i find that ridiculous as it's the same device-  but this is the App! Can somebody please delete all my devices from the list please and allow me to watch the TV im paying for? 

Thanks and Regards,

0 Kudos
Alben7791
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Maximum Devices Reached on TV Go App

As an aside, my device list includes Google Chrome TWICE and Firefox once. I tried using TV Go through those browsers and still got the error stating maximum devices reached. So, obviously there's something wrong...

m125
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Having the same issue here, again, since updating the app. Why is this a problem even when using the app (not webpage)? I had the same issue about a month ago, and there are regular postings on this issue. I need a reset please and someone needs to fix this bug, it is very annoying.
0 Kudos
Alben7791
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Update:

Having not received a reply from an actual Virgin rep I've waited until 1st October which was the date stated that I could then replace devices again. And lo and behold exactly the same situation again. Its now telling me that I've reached my maximum device changes for the month - 4 of of my devices now show as Google Chrome! - and I have to wait until 1st November to then try again. At which point obviously I'd be in the same situation.

To add to the frustration Virgin seem to be making it impossible to speak to anyone online, forcing you to call in which is exactly what i've been trying to avoid. Surely in the current state of things enabling staff to work from home using online chat would be benificial to all?!

If somebody even just affiliated to Virgin could take some time to reply it would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alben7791, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm very sorry that you've been having this issue and I can appreciate the frustration. 

We have been aware of any issue recently which you can find out more here

If it's still an issue then please let us know. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Alben7791
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi and thanks for the reply,

It is still an issue, the link you shared only returns me to this same thread tho!Can you re-share the link?

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon @Alben7791 

Sorry for the delay in response, I am unsure the link that was supposed to be posted, however, if you are yet to have your devices reset then please do let me know and I will do this for you. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
Alben7791
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zak,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for a late response. I'd very much appreciate if you could reset my devices. My account is registered under a diff email address to the community so let me know whatever details you need.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alben7791

Thanks for getting back to us. To help me action your request I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the screen.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos