Menu
Voltz
Settling in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Manage Sky Devices Not working (Two device limit issue)

Hi All,

Hopefully someone can shed some light, For some reason the Sky Sports app seems to think we have two devices playing when they're not.

I have only 1 laptop that is streaming content but I'm unable to view on any other device as it says the limit is reached. This led me to wanting to check my sky registered devices but the management page is down and i've been unable to access it for 2 days.

https://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/skydevices

I also updated my main account password to try and force all devices to sign out and attempt with only two devices with the new password. I'm still only able to view on one device at a time instead of the allowed two.

Can anyone else check/confirm if the manage devices isn't working and if not any other ideas for the issue at hand.

Many Thanks!

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Manage Sky Devices Not working (Two device limit issue)

Although two devices can be registered Sky only allow one to stream at an one time.

The sky device management page has been problematic for months.  I find I can only access it via a clean browser session with no browser cache or cookies.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Voltz
Settling in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the message, I did try different browsers etc to no avail over the weekend but I'll try again now.

On virgin's website it says you can register up to 6 devices so I wanted to see which ones it's logged and boot the majority out: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/watching-sky-sports

Also the sky sports app is the one specifically quoting that you can view on 2 devices and prior to this weekend it was working on 2 devices at the same time.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Voltz,

I know exactly what you mean with this as I had the same issue last month, while trying to use two devices to stream two football matches. 

There is some confusion around this, Sky now only allow one device to stream live tv, instead of the two that they used to allow but to make this a bit more confusing the message hasn't yet changed to reflect this, so will still show the two devices message.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos