cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Issue for Sky Sports using VM profile

charscot
Dialled in

Sky Sports was working fine on a chrome browser until a couple of hours ago when it encountered a fault.

Now when I try to sign in it just comes up with "An unknown error has occurred".

I have tried logging in with two different computers and with different browsers but the same problem occurs.

Guessing there are authentication issues either from VM or with Sky.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this please ?

Browsers are fully up to date and the pcs are both running the latest version of windows 10.

9 REPLIES 9

jamesdeacon
Settling in

Just replying to say that I'm also having this issue, exactly as described above

ThePerrys
Tuning in

Replying as I've also encountered the exact same issue! 

Fine for the past few months and was watching ok yesterday, however came to log in earlier today and have the same error message : ( 

ThePerrys_0-1689851645614.png

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @charscot 

Welcome back to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues access Sky Sports app at this time. 

The team are investigating this issue at this time. I have passed on the information provided in the thread to aid them and help in identifying the issue. 

My apologies for the inconvenience this may cause. I'll come back with any updates when available. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thank you...all seems to be working ok again : )

Thanks for letting us know @ThePerrys 

Glad that this is now working for you again. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

charscot
Dialled in

Mine is now able to connect again too. Hopefully whatever caused the issue will not be an issue again. Thanks 🙂

Great to hear this @charscot 

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been resolved at your side 

If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you.

Any further issues on this, please do let us know here and we'll be able to investigate further. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

charscot
Dialled in

I would but no one actually gave a solution or fixed it, it was just fixed (presumably by someone off forum working for VM/Sky somewhere) so any pointing to a post for an answer would just confuse anyone who gets this problem in the future/has it now. I gave a kudos to the post saying it was being looked into. 🙂

No problem @charscot 

Thanks very much. Have a lovely rest of your day 😊

Here to help 🙂
Carley