Menu
mikel61
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Tv go will not let me log in on any device, or in the web browser whether Safari Firefox or chrome

Ipad pro , MacBook Pro or Imac.  All up to date.

I can log into my virgin media account (ultimate bundle)

I can log into sky sports using the virgin media log in and watch sky sports

the usual message is oops that is not available at the moment try again later

the App opens and then when you select a program you are asked to sign in

A new installation of the app doesn’t work either.

Try to talk to customer service and 2hrs of more later you get someone who says reinstall the app, or you need to talk to technical etc etc and another two hour wait really I’ve given up so many times.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Log in tv go

Hi mikel61,

Thank you for reaching back out to us in our community and welcome back, I am sorry you aren't able tom watch anything via your TV Go app, I have had a look at thing our end and cannot see any issues or reasons why this isn't working.

Is this something that has just started or have you never been able to use this, have you tried on a none apple device to rule this out?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
mikel61
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

the problems started July last year, I cancelled the Virginmedia account and then they came back with an offer. so I accepted that but I had to use a new email address . 

I then asked could I use my original email for the account the one I used to send this message ( virginmedia email) since then I have had nothing but problems, my email account had stopped working on a few occasions and the customer service say there is nothing wrong It wouldn't send from the web mail either   and miraculously after complaining it works ,tv go stopped working  and hasn't worked I don't think since this change.

I could always still use Sky sports login and that is ok.

I have also tried on a windows 10 laptop.

The login doesn't work on a browser either giving the same oops message

I can only assume that because I have this email which was linked to a former account whether that has caused a problem , the 90 day rule on email in old accounts being stopped.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @mikel61

Welcome back - so sorry that you're having issues with your TVGo since having a new account with us. 

The TVGo uses the MyVirginMedia log in to work; so you should be able to log in with your new MyVirginMedia account to view it; just like you do with Sky Go. 

You advise that you have used the original email from your old account for your new MyVM account?

Do you get the Opps message after you have logged in? Can you still log in and search or select a show to watch? 

Keep me posted. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mikel61
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

yes I can login to my virginmedia but after logging in I still get the oops message , the app will appear and I can see the programs after selecting one it asks me to login and then I get the oops message or that has not been possible at this time, if i return to my account I am still logged in with my virginmedia and I can get web Mail just not TV GO

so I can login in to myvirgin media look at all my details then click on the TV GO from my virginmedia account drop down menu the shows all come up with Images and you can search  and as soon as you select watch it asks for a sign in and then the oops message appears. 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry bit confused with your message there @mikel61 Are you logging into TVGo via the TVGo app or the webpage

Can you provide a screenshot of what you are doing so I can better understand  your steps? 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mikel61
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The answer is both don’t work either the login from the app or the login virgin media on the web browser.

If I start the app it allows me to see the programs so click on any and then it asks me to sign in and the message unable to do that  or the oops message appears.

if I login to MyVirginMedia and then from the drop down menu start tv go it will ask me to log in again and thus the same oops message comes.

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us @mikel61

Can I just ask if the app is up to date? 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

0 Kudos
mikel61
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have just reinstalled the app, when I open it asks me to sign in and the reply is this service is not available please try later

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me mikel61

I am going to pop you over a PM so we can take a closer look into this for you. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

0 Kudos