Menu
drealmobster
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Latest windows update forces re-register of TV Go devices

I have updated Windows 10 on my laptops and desktop and this appears to break the Virgin TV Go app device registration, the device name on the laptop is identical and so far I have had to replace each upgraded device with itself!  This is not a problem until you reach the three changes a month limit, I have 5 devices therefore need to have my 'device changes' allowance reset to enable me to carry on watching on this device.  I would like to update my last device but I don't want to unless this reset is done.

0 Kudos
drealmobster
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latest windows update forces re-register of TV Go devices

Update to my own message.  It appears that it is actually the update to the NEW Microsoft Edge [included in the update for unmanaged devices] that causes the issue with device registration.  If you have more than three Windows devices that you use to watch Virgin TV Go you may want to consider delaying updating all of them as Virgin cannot reset the device changes limit as I have just found out in a three hour chat session.

To resolve the issue I have had to re-register devices until I reached my limit (in effect the device replaces itself).

I now have one device that is not updated, and one that is updated that I cannot use until July for watching the TV Go app.

If you only use the Sky Sports Player this is not affected by the Windows or Browser update in anyway.

Thank you Virgin!

0 Kudos