Menu
DavidMcG
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Laptop Use

Hi Guys,

Apologies if this is an old question.

I'm working away from home and trying to make best use of my virgin subscription by using TV Go on my laptop. I'm on old school Windows 7.

1. Is the app downloadable to the Windows system.

2. Will I have access to my full package

3. Will I be able to watch my recorded shows (once I download the TV Control app too?)

If I can't do this then I need to consider downgrading my package as I will not be getting value for money with it.

David

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Laptop Use

Hello

1) I am afraid that the TV Go isnt available on Windows 7 as there is no app store, you can use the website to watch - https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en.html

2) You will have access to your full channels the exceptions are any that use Sky Sports App / Cinema as these apps cannot run on a computer.

3) Again the TV Control App isn't available for desktops.

There is a way around this is too install Bluestacks onto your laptop and then you can run all the apps as BlueStacks is an Android Emulator for the PC.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

DavidMcG
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Shadow,

Having explored all possibilities I have downgraded my package as I can't take advantage of all that I am paying for while working away from home.

D

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

also windows 7 is OEL and no longer supported bt Microsoft. Its not getting security updates. You should upgrade to windows 10
0 Kudos