cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judder on Honor Pad 8 (TV go app)

mjrs85
Tuning in

Just got a new Honor Pad 8 tablet,  and experiencing judder with the picture on live TV channels when using TV go. All working fine on my mobile phone - would like to be able to watch on a bigger screen though,  particularly live sports,  but this issue is making it unwatchable.

Is this a known issue?  Any fix? I've got all the latest versions of software updates etc. Other streaming apps working just fine on the device. 

5 REPLIES 5

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @mjrs85 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see you seem to be having picture issues with your Honor Pad 8 😔 I've just checked this for you and I can see the Pad runs on Android which is compatible with TV GO. However, it only has an SD processing card which may in turn affect the picture quality, especially on HD channels.

Are the channels you are noticing this with SD or HD?  Let us know.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.

Unfortunately it's a problem across all channels

Thanks for the reply @mjrs85on the forums. 👋🏼

Are you able to ensure that you have the latest firmware on the Honor Pad 8 and that the VM TV Go App you have is on the latest version?
Please check and let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hey, yes everything is as up to date as I'm able to get it

Thanks for checking this, just to confirm, in the settings of TV GO, what is the picture quality set as?

Do you also have tablet data enabled if the WIFI signal isn't as strong as usual? Also how much memory do you have spare on the device? If there isn't a lot of memory available this can also have an effect on the quality.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules