Menu
LG100
Joining in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Issue with TV Control E=41 V=4

Screenshot_20200916-092145_TV Control.jpg

Hi all, getting this error when going to stream shows on virgin TV control. I'm aware I'm using an older version but the newer version was giving me some black screen issues. Is this caused by the version not being supported anymore or can I actually fix this issue? Restarting the V6, phone and internet hub have not fixed this issue thus far so i have a feeling it is the former.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issue with TV Control E=41 V=4

Hello LG100

Thanks for your post 

Sorry though to hear you are having issues with this App

It would be best to always use the latest version 

Have you tried the latest version on another device to see if the black screens happen again 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
LG100
Joining in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Gareth,

I do not have access to a 2nd device. I am still getting these black screen issues on the latest version.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

If you go to the app settings, what version is showing please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
LG100
Joining in
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

The version number is stated here:

Screenshot_20200917-083343_TV Control.jpg

0 Kudos
Prso9
Dialled in
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I have been using the TV Control app on my amazon fire tablet for years and have never had any issues.  That is until yesterday, I also got this error message and I am unable to set up the streaming services, it just keeps telling me to try again.  I have rebooted my V6 box this morning.  My tablet is running an old version (4.4.0-1215530) because Virgin Media are not updating the app on the amazon app store.  I have emailed the app developer about this a couple of times and have heard nothing back and the app obviously hasn't been updated.  My mobile phone, which has the newest version isn't having any issues with streaming, but I'm sure you can imagine that I would rather watch programmes on a 10" screen rather than a screen half it's size.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delayed reply, what device is this using please? Is the device software also updated?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
LG100
Joining in
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I'm on a fully updated samsung s8.

I much prefer version 4.4 to 4.5. Is there seriously any reason its stopped working or theoretically should it?

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @LG100

After chatting with the team, we have been advised that you are most likely getting the error due to using an older version of the app.

Can we confirm what app you are using - is it the TV Control app? Do you have the same issue with streaming using the TVGo app? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
LG100
Joining in
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

This is the TV Control app. Why does the old version of the app not work all of a sudden?

0 Kudos