Menu
MilesP
Dialled in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Ipad won't use saved password

Still having the issue of my ipad not using the saved login details for TV On the Go Virgin Media app. (its the same for TV remote and Virgin Media account login). Most other things on the ipad manage to use the saved login details.

I have the autofill password flag set in Settings, but have to enter email and password manually. The Virgin Media app won't even allow me to copy and paste (must admit I prefer ctrl C/ctrl V on Windows systems - so much easier).

I'm sure other people must have this problem. p.s. the ipad OS is fully up to date.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ipad won't use saved password

Hi MilesP,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to use your saved log in details to sign in TV GO app.

Have you tried using another device to see if the issue is isolated to your device? Can you also please confirm what model iPad you have?

You also mentioned that you're able to use the iCloud Keychain on most other sites, can you please name what other sites you have issues using your saved details for?

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
MilesP
Dialled in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Beth, Thanks for your reply.
I don't have any other device to try.
I have IPAD Air 2 32GB - fully up to date with latest software.

Don't know what iCloud Keychain is - don't think I mentioned this in my post.

I don't have any issues saving details on other websites. Its just the Virgin Media apps.
0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hello Miles, It might sound a bit obvious bit have you uninstalled the Apps and re re installed them again . Then when you sign back in, it should give you the option to remember the details 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
MilesP
Dialled in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Gareth,

I've uninstalled and downloaded the Virgin TV Go again, but it makes no difference. I have to log in manually using my Virgin Media login and password. It does not give me the option to save it anywhere.

Perhaps I am doing this wrongly. My virginmedia.com account and password is saved on the ipad in the Settings/Passwords, which is the one my mail uses and the one I use to log in to Virgin TV Go.

However, I notice that when I try to sign in, it says sign in with "My Virgin Media username and password". Perhaps this has to be stored somewhere else on the ipad. Its not in the Settings/Virgin TV Go and can't see anywhere else it might be.
0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for trying MilesP

I might be best to set up a 3rd party password app if it still happens

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
MilesP
Dialled in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the input.

I am hoping that someone else with an ipad who uses the Virgin TV Go app will tell me if they have the same problem. i.e. if every time they log out of the app, they have to manually type in the username and password to login again. If they don't have this problem, then it must be an issue with my ipad (its not a new model, but the OS is bang up to date).
0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hello again MilesP

Completely understand where you are coming from

Might be worth rolling back the update if possible an trying then 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
MilesP
Dialled in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

No, I've always had this problem with Virgin TV Go ever since it came out several years ago.
That's why I never use it.
Thought I might give it another try. Surely there must be someone else on this thread that can use it successfully on an ipad without having to manually type in the details every time they log out.
0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Works perfectly for me with my iPad, running iPadOS 14.7 Beta 2 and the latest version of the Virgin TV Go app.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos