Menu
Sioux83
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

In-home streaming

Hello. I’ve started getting an error message on my TV control app when trying to watch certain programmes on my iPad indoors.

ive already seen that people have said that it’s important to make sure your device and box are on the same network. My TiVo box is plugged in to the modem and I’ve checked that my iPad is on the correct WiFi.
What I find odd is that it’s only certain programmes wont play. The exact message reads “in-home streaming is not permitted for this content”

I used to stream this channel CBS reality to my iPad all the time, but now I get this message.

grateful for any help or suggestions.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: In-home streaming

Not all channels allow you to stream to mobile devices, and the error message you get, suggests this is the case here.

Can you view other recordings from the same channel?

Can you view recordings from other channels?

What's the programme in question? Perhaps I (or another poster with access to this channel) can try the same.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
karma1police
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

it’s magnum pi from the on demand and boxsets section of the app on iPad. My wife was able to watch all the others in the series but now nothing plays.

we have not changed our subscription package!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Are you talking about TV Go or TV Control?

In your first post, you're trying to stream recordings from your TiVo to a tablet (which is TV Control)

You've now mentioned using the on-demand & boxsets section of the app... which isn't TiVo/V6>tablet streaming, That's just app streaming via TV Go.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Sioux83
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello. The reply you have received which mentions magnum pi was not from me, but someone else “joining in”.

To answer your questions. 
it seems to just be the CBS reality channel. I can watch other recorded programmes on the app without a problem. Deliberately tried reading a different programme on CBS reality to see if that would play on the app, but I got the same error message 

many thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sioux83

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the delayed reply and the TV Go issue. I've checked here and that channel should be working.

Please let me know if you need further assistance

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Sioux83
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi John. 
my problem is not with TV Go it’s with the TV control app 😕

Im trying to watch a pre recorded programme, recorded on CBS reality but I get an error message that says “in home streaming is not allowed for this content. I don’t have this issue with recordings made on any other channel...

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've tried this tonight, recording something from CBS Reality and try streaming it using TV Control.

"In home streaming is not permitted".

Looks like CBS is one of the channels that doesn't allow it.

0 Kudos
Go1dy
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So here’s an idea Virgin support....

why not share a list of all channels you provide that do not permit recordings to be streamed "in-home"   Rather than people guessing what will or won’t work, just publish it somewhere

I get this with lots of recordings now which prompt the  "In-home streaming is not permitted for this content"  see message, what has changed recently? So Customer Services can you explain why I get this?

another one I’ve found is TCM-HD, a recorded movie throwing its toys out the pram, it seems ridiculous that when I’m in the same house and on the same VM WiFi as my TiVo V6 box I cannot stream a simple recording to my iPad. 

AFD065C2-7A01-4954-91F6-BC2599D69BA6.jpeg