cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In home streaming not permitted

MikeA96
Joining in

I'm at home, trying to watch recorded TV on my iPad, which I've been doing for years. I have a TV V6 box, now recently it won't let me watch any recorded programmes.

The message comes up Streaming Not Permitted - Out-of-home streaming is not permitted from this Virgin TV box'. I'm at home on my home network, I have tried rebooting the box several times and uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my iPad - nothing works. 

5 REPLIES 5

Aaron2
Well-informed

Check no VPNS are active or iOS adblocker as they may change your IP. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.

Looked at that and VPNS or ios Ad-blocker are not activated & not the issue. VM looking at it on their end - it's a head-scratcher. 

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MikeA96 thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

That is very strange - can you please confirm, is this on the Virgin TV Control app?

How have things been since your post here, are there any developments?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom,

Yes it is the Virgin TV Control App. No change, still not allowing me to stream to my iPad at home.  

Thanks for coming back to us @MikeA96, is this happening on all of the content that you have tried to watch or just certain programmes? I ask this as we dont have the licence to show certain programmes via mobile devices, these can only be watched via our TV boxes.

Regards,

Steven_L