Menu
DarrenjuggIns
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

IOS 14.5 Public Beta - Crash Issue

Hi Virgin,

I love what you do with the apps and services, but  it seems that your team wasn’t ready for iOS 14.5 Public Beta update.

the app starts to load and then crashes, this is after deleting and re-installing….

Seems 14.5 has been a bigger update with quirks that maybe some developers didn’t account for, as I’ve had several other apps fail to work or work oddly.

hope you get it sorted soon and look forward to using it again.

Kindest Regards

Darren

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: IOS 14.5 Public Beta - Crash Issue

Darren, firstly 14.5 is beta, problems are expected. This exact problem also affects the speedtest app.

A search and you will find at least two threads on this forum about the issue, including a workaround for the Virgin TV go app.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DarrenjuggIns
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for you “helpful” reply…

maybe adding the links would actually be “more helpful”.

when typing in the issue, it didn’t identify this issue and as it’s the public beta and not the development beta, I would expect development to be on top of it…

I’ll remember to just say, it’s mentioned “somewhere else” to help you in future!

Cheers! 

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

WOW. No need for the attitude. Sorry you can’t do a simple search which, of course, should be the first action before starting a new thread.

Here’s the search I just did which found both your thread and the previous two:

DE2DA5B5-7FF6-4048-8D87-82D44A39FFD1.png

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

DarrenjuggIns
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

• Hi,

I was just following up on yours…. Thanks..

I did do a search and look through the forum, but as most posts have the heading of “TV Go” as the titles it’s a little difficult to work out what the threads are about, as I came across them which in the post mentioned IOS, which no one had replied to…

Posting your original reply of do a search, go exactly the right rely, which I gave…

you took all the time to post which made it as useful as a chocolate fireguard… you follow up post is far more useful…. Thank you….

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I disagree. The search was simple, straightforward and yielded the result. I’ve no idea how you could fail to get the result with such a simple search argument required.

0 Kudos
DarrenjuggIns
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wow!

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

This thread is locked due to the number of off-topic posts. If you want to continue a discussion, please either take it to Private Messages or discuss in our Chatter forum. If you have an issue which you want attention for, then please create your own individual thread providing as much detail as possible, and someone will assist you. Please also note that further off-topic posting may result in individual warnings, review the Forum Guidelines for more information.

Thanks,

Lisa,

0 Kudos