Menu
escargo
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I also cannot log into TV Go

Adding my own message because it appears to be random whether doing so gets your account fixed or not, plus for some reason there is no mention of this at all on the status page so there isn't a single simple place to track the issue.

Same as everyone else, told I have to use my main account.

Doesn't work on web page.

Doesn't work on any of the Win 10 devices we have.

Doesn't work on my Android 9 Phone.

I'm using my main account, the one I log into "My Virgin Media" with, the one I've used on th TV Go app for months without issue.  It is not a @virginmedia.com email address.

I just want this fixed, and I think it pretty poor that the issue isn't being acknowledge centrally anywhere.

Scragster187
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: I also cannot log into TV Go

Totally agree. Things go wrong, what is infuriating is the seeming reluctance to admit it and give feedback. And I have to say it seems as if a number of the VM team don’t actually read what is posted - for example asking questions about stuff that is very clear in the fault reports they are getting. It’s almost as if the idea is to ask inane questions until you give up. 

Good luck with getting a fix. If you do let us know.....

escargo
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Support now following up for me too.

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi escargo, sorry you've encountered this problem, but thanks for getting back to me via PM. I'll ensure this is fed back and have put a watch on this conversation so I can get back to you with an update/solution as soon as we have one.

Tom

Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry about this @Scragster187, we're doing all we can to get this resolved from here. As things stand we've been asked to collect examples of affected accounts to help us identify the issue. I'll send a PM shortly to go through that with you and hopefully we'll have this resolved soon.

Tom 

0 Kudos
Scragster187
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

And be told the exact same as everyone else is telling you and I have already put in my posts.  It’s actually quite simple. You have introduced a fault that is affecting multiple people over multiple platforms.

A simple suggestion if I may?  You must retain logs of changes you make to the system, and you must have the ability to rollback changes if they go wrong.  Why don’t you just roll back to a known good state and then try and work out what you have done to introduce the fault.  

escargo
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've not had any sort of update, but tried a couple of nights ago on the off chance and found I could log in again.

Not sure if that means it's fixed for all, fixed for me, or fixed itself.

Note I didn't reinstall anything since I last tried 😉

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Escargo, 

Thanks for your update, this issue has been resolved.

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
escargo
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

it would be good to know what the problem was and whether steps have been taken to prevent this in the future.

Especially given the mixed messages from support on this.