Menu
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

How do I remove a duplicate device?

How can I distinguish the old invalid chrome from the new valid chrome?

E143116D-E0A0-4AC3-B89C-4FD86EF0D631.jpeg

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How do I remove a duplicate device?

As far as I know there is no method by which to do this.  The system will ask you which registered device you want to delete if the slot is required for a new device.

If you are logged in via chrome the equivalent screen shot should indicate the current device as it does in the shot you have posted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

good luck 🙂
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

If you are logged in via chrome the equivalent screen shot should indicate the current device as it does in the shot you have posted.

If I am watching on that Chrome, would it prevent that one being replaced?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@arrgee1991 wrote:

If I am watching on that Chrome, would it prevent that one being replaced?

As I understand it you will only be offered the chance to replace a device that isn't currently being used so I can't see how the situation you describe would arise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

easy. It happens because it uses cookies and session data. Clear all that and it will see a new unregistered device when you next access
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

• @apcyberax wrote:
    easy. It happens because it uses cookies and session data. Clear all that and it will see a new unregistered device when you next access

Well yes, obviously.  But it wouldn't be being shown as the current device in that case.

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Clear all that and it will see a new unregistered device when you next access

How? If you have all five slots filled.  

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

you will only be offered the chance to replace a device that isn't currently being used so I can't see how the situation you describe would arise.

Let me rephrase.   If I am watching on chrome and I use another device to replace one of the chromes (which appear identical) will it not allow me to replace the chrome that is really active?

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @arrgee1991

Thanks for your posts - I must admit, your question even though rephrased is rather confusing so I apologise if i have interpreted it incorrectly. 

As @Graham_A advises earlier, you're unable to physically delete a device from device management - you can only replace with a new one. 

When it comes to using a browser to use TVGo, it can be quite complicated; If you register a computer using a browser, you’ll need to use the same browser with Virgin TV Go. Using a different one will be seen as a different device. Also, if you clear your cache and cookies, this can also be seen as a new device. 

What can assist with this is you can rename the device when you are registering them.

It would be your choice which "device" you wish to replace - the system will not make that decision for you. 

To replace a registered device: 

1. Sign in to Virgin TV Go on the new device using your primary My Virgin Media username and password
  2. Choose a Live TV channel or On Demand show to watch
  3. Enter your Virgin TV Go PIN if prompted
  4. Confirm you want to replace a device
  5. Choose which device you wish to replace
  6. Choose a name for your new device

Hope that helps

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos