Menu
Grayshouse211
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Home phone every had one?

Anybody got virgin broadband got there package and gone hmm where is my home phone going to go?; Then thought I've never received one? Well buggy my gym shorts has ANYONE ever got a home phone which in virgins own contract states "must be connected to enable user to ring999 in a emergancy" well some poor sod must of stripped or fell over his virgin bill to notice has has falling the space where his state of the art home phone was going is a leather load of giant unmoveable wires installed by shameless finest. I want my state of the art home phone virgin.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone every had one?

Hello

Virginmedia only supply the phone connection they do not supply a physical phone, with all new contract the phone will plug into the back of the hub with the supplied adapter into the port marked tel 1. The old twisted copper cable is no longer installed for new customers as all telephone providers are moving over to 21CV by the end of 2025.

With the hub connection if there is a power cut you will loose the phone line and for vulnerable customers Virginmedia have a Emergency Backup Unit that will allow a phone to make 999 calls using the mobile network.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos