Menu
Canuck1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Having Problem Streaming

Having a problem streaming recorded shows to my ipad, while inside my own house (using Virgin TV Control App).  Error code says 'Streaming Not Permitted.... Out of home streaming is not permitted from this Virgin box.  Contact customer service for further information'.  

But I'm inside my home network.  The V6 box is linked to my network via ethernet.  The only DHCP server on the network is the Virgin router, which recognises both my V6 boxes.  I've tried all the network tests in the V6 box, and the only one that comes back with any potential issue regards opening up ports on my router (Ports 80,8080,7287,7288 and 8081). 

Has anybody else had a streaming issue over their home network?

It *could* be the box.  I also get quite a few W02 errors when wanting to watch specific channels that I do subscribe to.  Separate but equally frustrating problem.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Having Problem Streaming

Is your iPad running iPad OS 14?
If so, check that the Virgin TV Control app is in your iPad Local Network Privacy settings and toggled on.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Canuck1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes, ipad on OS14 and the Control app is toggled on.  Still no luck.  I thought I was winning the other day when the ipad said it found two streaming devices on my network (I have two V6 boxes), but then it tries to confirm the account status (or something like that - I don't have the ipad with me at work) it just times out and fails.  It must be a home network issue.  I'll search through my Virgin router tonight to see if there are any subnet issues as I've been reading about potential issues there.

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried power cycled everything i.e. turn everything off, turn Hub on till it's stable and working and then turn the V6 box on.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Canuck1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No, but I will tonight.  I've only done that locally on the device itself.  Thanks for the tip!

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Canuck1,

Thank you for taking the time to post on the Community Forums. I'm sorry for our delayed response and to hear you've been having some issues when trying to stream recordings from your iPad.

If your iPad has been updated to the latest IOS, and you also have the latest app version, there shouldn't be any problems, Can you please confirm if you tried rebooting all the equipment as per BenMcr's advice?

Let us know if you still need help.

Beth

0 Kudos