Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hauwei TV Control App Error: E=43 V=4

I have the TV Control App installed, which has recently been updated, but I have never been able to get the streaming service working on it, and continually get the E=43 V=4 error appearing when trying to stream.

For reference, I have tried various steps, such as rebooting the Tivo box, rebooting the Wifi Hub, reinstalling the app, all in different orders, and all to no avail.

This is only a problem on my Hauwei Mate 20 Pro. I also have an iPhone 6, and the streaming functionality worked fine, first time, after setting it up. 

The Set Up process on the Huawei, shows the first screen, with the two check boxes, and I checked both. It then flips to a second screen, which looks to have 3 stages (I can't tell for sure as it flips out within a fraction of a second). It appears to get ticks for the first two, but then flips to the error screen too quickly to even see any text to know what it failed on. The final screen then is titled "Setup Problem / Setup did not complete successfully. Please try again.", with two options "Not Now" and "Try Again". The latter just repeats the same cycle back to this screen. Below this is text "STREAMING SETUP HELP", but is just text, it's not a link, so no idea why it even there, as it's not useful at all, and only ends up irritating this scenario further.

How can I get this Huawei phone to stream via TV Control App?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hauwei TV Control App Error: E=43 V=4

Hi missbarbell,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Disappointing to hear that you're having difficulties trying to connect to our TV Go App. We understand the frustration caused when you can't get a connection.

As you have already tried all the basic diagnostics it may be that the device you are using is not compatible to stream the TV Go App services.You advised that you had no issues downloading the app to your IPhone 6.

You can check here here for devices are compatible and I have added a link here here for further help and support.

Take a look at the above and please come straight back to us if you need further assistance.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jodi, thanks for the links. My OSes are supported, as I have:

Huawei - Android 4.14.116
iPhone - iOS 12.4.5

So both are supported versions. However, it's not the Virgin TV Go app I have a problem with, it's the TV Control app. TV Go seems to connect on both devices without an issue. It's the streaming feature of TV Control that is the problem. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for coming back to me Missbarbell.

Sorry for the late reply. After looking in to this issue we have identified that you would need to be using Android 5.1 or higher to stream on the TV Control App. 

We have included the specification here for this App to work correctly. Unfortunately we would not advice you to uninstall the App as you will not be able to download it without the update on your phone.

We hope this answers your query regarding the streaming issues you are having.

Many thanks Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the clarification, at least I can understand the error now 🙂

Best regards,
Barbie.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You're most welcome Barbie.

If you need any further assistance please come back to us straight away.

Have a lovely evening.

Jodi.

0 Kudos