cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fire stick

vwblack
Joining in

Any update if I can put the virgin TV app on my firestick so that I can watch sky sports in my caravan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

The Virginmedia TvGo app isnt compatible with the firestick I am afraid, it is only available for limited devices see https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/download-the-virgin-tv-go-app for what devices are compatible.

You can try this "Installed virgin tv go on to and android phone and with a free app available on the play store called "Apps2Fire", That should transfer it straight over. The base virgin tv go app appears a little odd on the fire stick, lets say squashed, but streams live tv and all catch up perfectly. To navigate the app you will also need to download the mouse toggle app but that is also very easy to use."

But to note that it isn't supported by Virginmedia so any problems with I am afraid you would be on your own.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

The Virginmedia TvGo app isnt compatible with the firestick I am afraid, it is only available for limited devices see https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/download-the-virgin-tv-go-app for what devices are compatible.

You can try this "Installed virgin tv go on to and android phone and with a free app available on the play store called "Apps2Fire", That should transfer it straight over. The base virgin tv go app appears a little odd on the fire stick, lets say squashed, but streams live tv and all catch up perfectly. To navigate the app you will also need to download the mouse toggle app but that is also very easy to use."

But to note that it isn't supported by Virginmedia so any problems with I am afraid you would be on your own.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

cheekyangus
Superfast

VM don't intend for the Go App service to be used with larger screens, just mobiles and tablets, they have the option of extra boxes for other rooms, for a fee naturally, that covers that. That's why the Go App isn't available on Streaming Boxes/Sticks and there is no Casting or Screen Mirroring facility.

How does that help someone in their caravan? Firestick can take the tvanywhere app it just needs side loading.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me add this to every post. My Router is more than capable of handling the speed. Also all tests are done wired.

You can sideload it but nothing will playback.

And how does this help someone in their caravan?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me add this to every post. My Router is more than capable of handling the speed. Also all tests are done wired.

This is complete nonsense. I have just added it to a firestick, used an onscreen mouse and have been watching WRC for 15 minutes on and off to confirm is is working.

@Lozsta - is your Virgin TV Go still working on the Firestick? I got mine working just before Xmas but have come back to it tonight to find it NOT working. Reinstalling the app and clearing the cache didn't help. 😞