Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Failing to Login to Virgin TV Go - sub account?

I used Virgin GO on Saturday 4 Jul. No problems, everything fine. I then tried to use it again the following day only to find that I have to sign in. When I do so I get the above error message, despite using the same email address I always use. After looking at message boards it’s clear that this is not a new problem.

What has gone wrong, why, and what are you doing about a problem that is obviously long standing and known?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Failing to Login to Virgin TV Go - sub account?

Hi there,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community!

I am sorry to hear you're struggling to sign in to the TVGo app. Yes, this is a new known issue which we are currently looking into and investigating. 

I know it may seem obvious, but please firstly ensure that you are using the correct sign in details when using the app (these should be the same as the one you use for your My VM online account)

Please also try to Uninstall and reinstall the app, as we have had some reports that this has fixed the issue for some customers.

If you're still having issues from there, can you please post a screenshot of the error and confirm the make and model of the handset you're using the app on.

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app does not work. No one should bother with this excuse.

It is a total waste of time asking customers misleading questions about make and model of handsets as this is a VIRGIN MEDIA technical fault.

This fault is nothing to do with customers have incompatible equipment.

Sending a screenshot is a waste of time as VM is fully aware of the problem and have known about this failure for over five days.

This fault is solely a widespread VM error and nothing to do with what type of phone a customer is using.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back.

We are still trying to figure out what is causing this issue - it's helpful for us to know the device make and model so we can identify if there are any patterns in what is causing this issue to occur.

If you decide to confirm these details for me and send over a screenshot, I can forward them over to the team who are looking into the fault as a wider issue. As I say, the issue is still under investigation and we will be able to provide updates on when we know more.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am also having this problem, I am using Windows 10.  This is when I use my main account login details

signin.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi NornIronFan,

I am sorry that you are also having this issue when signing into the TV GO app. Thank you for including the details in your post. I will forward those details over to the relevant team to be looked at.

We will be providing updates on the issue as soon as we know more.

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Still not working

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello NornIronFan

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with TVGo
We were made aware of an issue regarding the failed signing in message 
This was raised and investigated and now it has been fixed 
Are you able to sign in okay?
If not then please let me know 
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

All working again. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos