cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 2031

emmabourke1986
Joining in

Hi every time I use the app for watching live tv or saved recordings it’s constantly throwing me out saying error 2031. I’m also getting audio description every now and then on recordings but it’s not held in my settings but only happens every now and then. 
can someone please help as this app is not user friendly at all. 

12 REPLIES 12

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @emmabourke1986 

Which device(s) is this happening on?

Does the program play if you close and reopen the app?

Have you tried clearing the app cache, or uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

What happens if you use a web browser?

https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en.html 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi I’m using a Samsung tablet. Quite a new model. 
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. 
I can close the show and go back in but sometimes it just happens constantly so just give up trying to watch. 

With the audio description that’s really sporadic and sometimes happens and sometimes doesn’t but my settings show it is turned off so unsure why it keeps happening. 

Not tried a web browser as I want to view it through the app so keeping with this option as it should work. 

Hi @emmabourke1986,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you are getting this error when using TV GO.

Fully appreciate this option should work when using the app but are you able to test for us using the web browser so we can rule it out?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi I watched some live tv and it seemed ok. Tried to watch a saved show and it wanted to stream it through my tv not the tablet and now I can’t get it back off of that so the whole web page just won’t work and tells me virgin lounge is on stand by in the bottom right corner. Honestly this set up is the worst I’ve experienced 

Hi emmabourke1986,

When you went to watch the recorded content it should ask how you want to watch it.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul. 
Thank you. I’m aware of this but I’ve repeatedly tried to access my tabs on the web page and it has been completely frozen since yesterday on the device. It won’t let me undo it streaming to the tv. I can’t view any tabs. It’s completely frozen. It’s not fit for purpose and the suggestion to try using the web page has just added to my issues with virgin tv go. 
Emma 

I’ve finally managed to sign out and sign back in to clear the freeze. It’s only letting me view the web page and select the watch on my tv. I can’t watch on my device for any saved recordings so you asking me to try the web page is now seeming pointless. Can’t locate any settings to view just on the device I’m using. It always wants to send to the tv which defeats the object altogether?!?

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Do you have any other device in which you could try it on please? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

No I don’t. I’ve already tried from the app to the web page. The web page doesn’t give the option to watch other than on tv.