Menu
paulmacca
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Device limit

I have virgin media with full sky sports package.

My son uses an iPad to watch sky sports via the app, I use a laptop to watch the same.

When logging into his iPad while I was already watching sky sports on the laptop an message
"Maximum users reached, your account only allows two users from your household to watch sky sports at a time"

The account only has two registered devices on sky of 6 and 4 of 4 on virgin. I've read that only one stream can be watched at one time? Meaning its a race between me and my son for who logs on quickest. Is this true?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device limit

Hi Paulmacca, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Sorry that you've had this issue, I can appreciate you and your son are both keen to use our great apps like TvGo and the Sky Sports app. 

As you mentioned you use our laptop, would you delete your cookies and internet history when you're done? 

When you're using a browser to log in it can see it as extra devices being used if you use a different browser or clear your cookies and cache. 

Let us know. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
paulmacca
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello again,

I tried clearing the cookies, internet history and the rest, hasn't remedied the situation.

To get to sky sports I click the sky sports app installed on the laptop, it takes me to a webpage and then I select what to watch which then takes me back to the app.

There is definitely only two of us trying to view with only one actually able to watch.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Are you trying to watch at the same time?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
paulmacca
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yarp.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This will be the reason, as you can only watch one at a time.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos