Menu
StillNoPrinter
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Device limit reached

Hi

I’ve bought a new iPad and transferred everything successfully over to it.

I went into the Virgin TV Go app and replaced the old iPad with the new one in the device management panel. This works and I can now stream channels on my new iPad but the old iPad doesn’t work as expected. However when I go to the sky sport app I get a message that says ‘device limit reached, contact your service provider’. I left it 24 hours to see if it needed time but that hasn’t worked and the only help I can find on line says as soon as the device management panel says your device is listed you can use it to stream sky. But I can’t. 

Does anyone have any ideas how to get the sky app to recognise that my new iPad is registered?

Thank you

0 Kudos
StillNoPrinter
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device limit reached

In case it helps anyone...I found this and it worked....Virgin Go’s device registration system is an utter shambles. Almost no information to be found directly...you just have to post on help forums (which didn’t help me). Separate registration areas for different channels?! Those registration areas not signposted to one another. It’s like some kids made the app and gave up on making it user friendly. Good luck!

There is a separate section in the TV anywhere profile for registration for the Sky apps - check what devices are already registered and if necessary remove one so that the device you want to use can be added.

http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/settings/devices/sky/

Under My Profile Click on Sky Cinema and Sky Sports and you get to the device registration page

Tags (1)
0 Kudos