Menu
Pastorius
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Device limit reached in the middle of watching Sky Sports

Hi, last night whilst watching sky sports, the stream suddenly conked out, returned a massive error string in a separate window, and on trying to restart the stream any time after that I get the message that I have reached the maximum number of devices. When I originally started the stream I was told that I couldn't have more than 2 devices watching at once (I did not) - a common error I get which can be resolved by deleting all devices and starting again. So I did this and it worked, then halfway through the game, it dropped out.

On checking my settings in virgin tv go, there are NO devices registered. It also says I have no device changes available this month. What's going on?

I've had similar problems before and someone from this forum has been able to reset the device changes which should fix the problem for now - is this possible?

0 Kudos
Mgittus
Tuning in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device limit reached in the middle of watching Sky Sports

Similar issue ! An old device is stuck and cannot remove to allow me to watch sky sports ! Football is back ... arrrggghhh please help ! 

0 Kudos
Pastorius
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Anybody out there?

boroie
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Having exactly the same issue!
No app will play (device limit reached, cannot change until next month) and when I check devices by logging in to the web version, it shows 0 devices registered.
0 Kudos
Mgittus
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hey 

I’ve just logged into the virgin go website via a laptop. It allowed me to remove all devices and then then went back on table through sky sports and it worked. So, you cannot remove via the app on mobile devices try going through a pc / laptop - hopefully it’ll work for you all 

0 Kudos
Pastorius
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I removed the devices via the laptop anyway so that won't be a fix for me. Does this place have anyone from Virgin on it anymore?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Have you removed the devices from the Sky device settings within TV Go? 

There are two device settings areas, one for TV go devices, one for Sky devices.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Mgittus
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Got it sorted via the laptop ! All working again ! Thanks for advising though - appreciate it 👍

0 Kudos
Pastorius
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yes I removed the sky devices, not the Virgin devices. I've had to do it before, only this time it's telling me maximum devices reached when there are 0 registered

Pastorius
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Is there anybody from VIrgin on here that can reset my device changes on sky devices? That's all that needs doing.

Alternatively does anybody know how I can send a message to Virgin? On the contact us section of the website it is frankly impossible to find any links for live chat or a messaging service.

0 Kudos