Menu
cheryldoy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Device Management Issue

The VirginGo app on my laptop is registering as a new advice every time I access the app, which it clearly should not!!

Device management now telling me I cannot make any changes to delete the unnecessary and erroneous registered devices (all of which are the same one!!!!) until 03/01/2021 which is frankly completely ridiculous 

I need to have my device list 'wiped' ASAP to correct a problem which is clearly of Virgin's making!!!

Can a Virgin Media member of the forum please assist?

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device Management Issue

Hi @cheryldoy

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

My apologies for the delayed reply and the device issue on TV Go. This normally occurs if you're clearing cache/cookies - please still do this but leave the Virgin Media ones there, as otherwise every time it'll think it's a new device.

I'll PM you now to get the devices reset

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
cheryldoy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have not received a private message and am still unable to use my laptop to access Virgin Go 

I am sorry but do not understand how the cache is affecting why Virgin thinks I'm using a new device every tim

0 Kudos
cheryldoy
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My issue appears to be the same as others which has not been resolved by Virgin Media by constantly registering my laptop as "My Computer - Google Chrome"

This along with the latest pending £4.50 increase is likely to be 'the straw that broke the camel's back' in terms of finally leaving Virgin

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Cheryldoy

Sorry to hear of the Virgin TV Go device registration issues you've been experiencing but thank you for taking the time to raise this via the forum and welcome to the community!

We've recently made some changes in regards to the devices and registration that should have fixed the issue you've been experiencing. We've reset your devices allowance and we would appreciate it if you could monitor this going forward and let us know here if you experience any further issues.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos