Menu
delboytoo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

De-Register devices on TV go

I've somehow manage to register 5 devices on TV go (4 on same My Computer Chrome) and cannot delete those I don't need - Device Management shows 'Can be deleted in' but this is blank and cannot delete. Can anyone advise please?

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: De-Register devices on TV go

Hello delboytoo

Thank you for taking the time to contact us via the forums in regards to the device allowance issues for your TV Go. 

We've recently made some changes to the process around device allowance and management, we have today reset the device allowance and would appreciate it if you could monitor this going forward and let us know if the issue is still happening?

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
delboytoo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I'm still getting problems trying to use tv on the go - all on the same PC.  On Chrome I get a message "It is not possible to watch TV in private incognito mode or via VPN"  I'm not in private incognito and VPN is not in use?  Keeps happening and I can't use Chrome.  I can get in using MS Edge but each time it requires a new entry (as per the original problem when I could use Chrome!) and I'm soon going to run out of the three deletions in a month as all five devices are used (all the same PC).  All the same PC.  Please help as it's getting painful to use Virgin Media on the go.

0 Kudos
Patrick9
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Has this issue been resolved?
I too am having the same problem, the browser I'm using is Brave.
0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Patrick9

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with your TV GO. 

Is this in regards to the app registering too many devices?  Regrettably we haven't found a solution for this yet, but we are working on it to get this sorted. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Patrick9
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sasha_W,

I know I have previously registered devices with TV Go, but cannot remember how many. Our laptops and other devices have been changed over the years.

Is there anyway I can see which devices have been registered and remove the ones we no longer have?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Patrick9
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sasha_W,

I have managed to find out that I have no devices registered on my TV Go. So, I don't understand why I'm still getting the message "It is not possible to watch TV in private incognito mode or via VPN"

This is really frustrating.

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

That is very strange, does it work without incognito mode and VPN? 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Patrick9
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No, I'm not using a private window or VPN.

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Does it work when you don't use VPN or a private window? 

If not what error message appears? Is it this one that appears "It is not possible to watch TV in private incognito mode or via VPN" 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

0 Kudos