cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromebook: can manage recordings but not view

Luceriv
Tuning in

Why? 

I can see My Recordings to 'manage' them but there is no way of viewing them. I'm on a chromebook. Why can't I view them? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you have a V6 you can download recordings onto a mobile or tablet using Virgin TV Control and watch them away from home in the UK.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Luceriv
Tuning in

Screenshot_20220602-022020_TV Control.jpg

Hello. Seems I can’t watch My Recordings aka My Shows on my state of the art mobile nor my Chromebook but I can Watch BOX SETS, Watch LIVE TV, RECORD TV, DELETE My Recordings. BUT I cannot access My Recordings to watch them?? Anyone any ideas why? And can I change this? 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Viewing of recordings is restricted to within your own home network, so if you try to watch anywhere else outside they will be blocked.

Are you using your home network?

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

If you have a V6 you can download recordings onto a mobile or tablet using Virgin TV Control and watch them away from home in the UK.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

thanks. not very TV on the Go as it seems. 

no. i was away from home. thanks. 

Hi Luceriv, thank you for posting! Sorry to hear of your difficulties watching recordings via TV go on your mobile whilst away from home. 

Massive thanks to the community for identifying and isolating the issue for you. They are completely correct, you are unable to view recordings whilst off your home network unless they are downloaded. 

You can do this via the TV control app - How to use the virgin tv control app | Virgin Media Help. If you scroll down and head to the 'How to stream or download recordings' section it explains how to do this. 

Please do return to this thread if you have any further issues we can offer support with!

Wishing you all the best. 

Molly