Menu
Allybongo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Chrome browser - Incognito.

Hi,

I have been using virgin tv go (https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en.html) in Chrome browser for years. I have made NO changes recently to the setup of the browser but when I log in to watch something I am now greeted by a warning that 'It Is not possible to watch TV in Incognito private browsing mode' It didn't work yesterday also and said the same thing but also included the use of a VPN as no possible. BOTH things in any case I do not have on or are using. screenshot-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com-2021.05.05-09_47_47.png

I have obviously tested in another browser and it still works fine so clearly not VPN related which has disappeared anyways so it has to be Chrome and I cannot see anything that would upset this. Definitely NOT in this mode.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
delboytoo
Tuning in
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Live TV on tvgo

Started receiving tvgo message "It is not possible to watch TV in private incognito mode or via VPN"  I'm not in private incognito and VPN is not in use?  Any idea why this is happening just now?

0 Kudos
Allybongo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Live TV on tvgo

I have the same issue and posted about it earlier https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Chrome-browser-Incognito/td-p/4712764

Glad to know I am not the only one. I've made zero changes and still get the error!

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Chrome browser - Incognito.

Hi Allybongo,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks for your first post.

I'm sorry to see you're struggling to watch content on TV GO in Chrome. This is certainly strange.

Have you tried watching TV GO on Chrome via another device to see if you get the same message?

Also, can I ask that you please clear your cache and cookies on Chrome to see if that does the trick? I'll be honest, I'm also scratching my head a little with this one.

Let us know.

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos
Allybongo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hey Beth,

I have tried my laptop and it's the same have also cleared everything. It's certainly a strange one. I can easy open a tab and check IP which is correct so can't be VPN. No idea why it suddenly doesn't like chrome. There is another post about the same thing so I am not the only one.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Allybongo,

Thanks for giving that a go for me.

Can you now please try using TV GO in Firefox's private browsing to see if the errors still present, just so we can be 100% sure that it's strictly a Chrome issue?

Many thanks 🙂

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos
Allybongo
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hey,

Yea I get the same message when I use a 'private window' in firefox but only when I use a private one.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Allybongo
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I ended up..

'Restore settings to their original defaults'

in chrome and it has fixed the issue. Far far from ideal that I had to do this to make it work. So I am none the wiser what exactly has cause the issue. I've gotten most of my settings back when synced browser again and all extensions are the same etc etc etc.

Just bizarre.
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Allybongo,

Thanks for coming back to update the public thread, I'm pleased to hear you've been able to resolve the issue yourself although I'm sorry for any inconvenience this caused.

If it happens again do just let us know and we can look into it a bit further.

Let us know if we can help with anything else and have a great weekend!

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos
delboytoo
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

I reported this as a problem earlier in the week and still have problems using Chrome.  I'm not running in a private window or with a VPN but still getting the error message.  Cleared cookies/history etc in Chrome but no different.  Tried using MS Edge and that worked but I'm clocking up the Devices used when it's always on same PC.  Tried twice with Edge and treated the second attempt as a new device.  Getting to be hard going!  Hope this can be sorted

0 Kudos