Menu
youngystu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Channels not showing on Virgin TV Go

I'm trying to access Sky Pick on the Virgin TV Go app but it is not showing up on the channel list both on the android app and the windows version. How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Channels not showing on Virgin TV Go

You can't.  Pick is not available on TV Go as Sky haven't given VM the necessary permissions.

If you want it for the live football use Sky One instead.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Phil_K1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I have a similar problem.  The Virgin TV Go App (either for a Win 10 desktop or for an iPad) doesn't show any of the Sky Cinema channels, or any of the Sky Sports channels except for News and Sports Mix.  They are all shown on the TV Go website, but just not on the App.  This has only happened in the last 24 hours (by coincidence (?) following a major Virgin outage in London yesterday).  I do get these under my subscription, and I realise that usually to watch them you actually use the Sky App, but nonetheless they used to be listed.  What's going on?  Any ideas out there?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Phil_K1,

have you tried going  into the settings, then clicking My Channels, and reset to default?

It will mess up any order that you may have set up for your channels, but may kick it into showing all the channels. You can always rearrange your desired order if necessary ( that part is easier in the web browser rather than via mobile/tablet)

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@Phil_K1 wrote:

I have a similar problem.  The Virgin TV Go App (either for a Win 10 desktop or for an iPad) doesn't show any of the Sky Cinema channels, or any of the Sky Sports channels except for News and Sports Mix.  They are all shown on the TV Go website, but just not on the App.  This has only happened in the last 24 hours (by coincidence (?) following a major Virgin outage in London yesterday).  I do get these under my subscription, and I realise that usually to watch them you actually use the Sky App, but nonetheless they used to be listed.  What's going on?  Any ideas out there?

You issue is different to that of the opening poster.  They were looking for a channel that isn't carried on TV Go.

If subscribed the Sky Sports channels should show, even though you need the Sky sports app to view.

I am seeing the same on my android device.  They are not currently listed does look like a fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Phil_K1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - I thought it must be, but good to have a more experienced view! Let's hope they fix it soon
0 Kudos
Phil_K1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - I tried that but it didn't fix the issue, I'm afraid
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@Phil_K1 wrote:
Thanks - I thought it must be, but good to have a more experienced view! Let's hope they fix it soon

I can't see it being a priority as it doesn't affect the ability to watch the live sports channels through the Sky Sports app.

0 Kudos
Phil_K1
Tuning in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Very true!
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@Phil_K1 wrote:
Very true!

Just noticed that the Sky Cinema channels have gone as well.

There has been a bigger issue with the cinema channels for months where you cannot watch live with sound even when using the Sky Cinema app. On demand works.

0 Kudos