cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chane Region on TVGO

Bluenosetony
Joining in

Regional News and TV programmes are London not Central on TVGO. Can this be set to Central region

2 REPLIES 2

roy247
Community elder

If I look at the tvguide before I sign in it say's bbc london but after I sign in it say's north west tonight after the app has detected my account location.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Bluenosetony 

I'm based in Teesside and receive the Tyne Tees news on channel 103 on both my 360 and in the TVGo app.

If I change to channel 113 (ITV+1) in the app and on my TV then I receive the local news for Granada. It's possible you can receive a different region using this method, albeit time shifted by an hour.

Also have a look in the 850's section to see if any other local ITV regions are there on both the app and your set top box.

As an aside if you use the iPlayer app you can change your postcode in the settings to switch to different region if needed and watch local News however the news is only available for 24 hours before it's superseded by a new episode.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali