cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot watch Virgin TV Go on my Ipad Pro but my wife's Ipad is fine.

Chrisz
Tuning in

I have a 12.9" Ipad 11 and can't watch Virgin Go yet my wife's 10.5" Ipad is ok.  I compared the Diagnostics and my Ipad has  No attempt next to SSDP status.  My wife's Ipad has today's date time and GMT +1 .  

Can you please help.  My Mobile phone also gets Virgin TV Go.  📺 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chrisz
Tuning in

I have a 12.9” IPad and I cannot get Virgin TV Go to work on this device.  My wife has a 10.5” IPad and her device allows Virgin TV Go to work.  The only difference was in Diagnostics where on my IPad next to SSDP it said No attempt.  My wife’s IPad had a date.  

I have changed passwords and nothing works.  Do you have any ideas please?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Chrisz
Tuning in

I have a 12.9” IPad and I cannot get Virgin TV Go to work on this device.  My wife has a 10.5” IPad and her device allows Virgin TV Go to work.  The only difference was in Diagnostics where on my IPad next to SSDP it said No attempt.  My wife’s IPad had a date.  

I have changed passwords and nothing works.  Do you have any ideas please?

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Chrisz, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the difficulty watching content on the iPad via our TV Go services.

As the account appears to be working on other devices, this would rule out an issue with the actual account, and points towards the iPad you're using.

Do you have any issues when trying to stream content via an alternative application, such as Netflix or Prime?

Have you possibly attempted to remove and then re-add the application on the troublesome device?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks David for replying.  I have no problems streaming Prime .  I have tried deleting the TV Go app and installing it again.  It's very odd.  I never had a problem with Sky Go .  I switched to Virgin Media just over a month ago.  

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming, Chrisz. As it appears to be a single-device issue, we're limited on the support we can offer. However, we'll still do our best to help.

To confirm, is your iPad currently on the latest iPadOS version? Are you currently enrolled on any iPadOS Beta versions? When you mention diagnostics, is this directly in the app, or on the iPad itself? Is your iPad also connected to your Home Network when attempting to first access the app?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece, good news!  I have sorted it out and a useful lesson for all.  I had a VPN on that IPad and as soon as I got rid of it I was able to register with Virgin TV Go.  I had also problems with all my devices to get the premium Sky Sports channels.  Note that I had only recently switched from Sky to Virgin Media.  I found that I had to delete and reinstall the Sky Sports App and enter the Virgin Media credentials.  It all works now.  If you want to watch say the Golf or football channels on Virgin Go then it asks you to watch it on Sky Sports App and switches you into this automatically.  

Chrisz