Menu
Donners
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Cannot stream some specific recorded shows on TV Control app.

Can this be resolved?Can this be resolved?This is the error code I get when I try to watch PTI using the TV Control app. First of all, it is a great service, but I want to watch some shows recorded from BT Sport, is there a way to do it? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot stream some specific recorded shows on TV Control app.

Hi Donners, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. 

Certain content like this is unavailable via streaming which is possibly the root cause of this error message. 

Can I ask what content you are trying to stream please?

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Donners
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan,

Thanks for getting in touch. The content I have asking about is mostly on BT Sport. Hope you can find me a resolution.

Kind Regards

Andrew

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrew, what specifically are you unable to stream so I can look further into this for you.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Donners
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey Paul,

I’m a fan of some of the short 20 min US sport TV shows on BT Sport. I’d like to be able to stream them away from the main TV. Is it possible to watch them on my phone/iPad at the gym or commute?

Thanks

Andrew 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi the recordings can only be watches on a device when you are connected to the same network as the Tivo.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried using the "download" option on TV-Control, to download the programme to your device for offline playing?

The box>device streaming only works when on your home network, or you have the option of live-streaming your packaged channels using TV-Go.

The middle option is to download from your box using TV-Control, and play offline - but I've not much experience of doing this in anger. I see there's a couple of US Sport programmes on BT Sport later today, I might give it a try.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Donners
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the tip Paul,

I removed the Ethernet cable from the box and set up the Tivo on the same wi-fi network. Still not working I’m afraid. 

0 Kudos
Donners
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking the time out to help find the solution Japitts, unfortunately this doesn’t work either. The download facility isn’t available for these shows (well it’s greyed out when I press it, I get a Downloading Not Permitted message) 

0 Kudos