Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Cannot sign in to Sky Sports via their website

Here is a curious thing.

Ever since Sky required Virgin Media subscribers to sign into Sky Sports through the Sky Sports website I've had no problems signing in: until this weekend.

Now, every attempt is met with the message 'Invalid username or password'. Both my username and password are the same as they ever was (and yes, I am using the Virgin Media pathway in my attempts) so I'm wondering is anyone else having a problem signing in to Sky Sports, or am I sat on this branch all on my lonesome? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot sign in to Sky Sports via their website

Hi, no you are not alone.

I get as far as the "login to watch" where I put in my creds and then it just says I've failed authentication, doesn't matter what route I follow it always ends up the same.. Ive also posted a question, see "TV Go - Sky sports and cinema wont login on to sky...…"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried on another device like phone or tablet? 

Could be just the Windows 10 app, which may need an upgrade or reinstalling.  Working on my iPad right now with my credentials.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I am also unable to log into Sky Sports. Either via their website or on my mobile app. Keeps telling me incorrect username and password even though I know it's correct as I am able to sign into all other aspects of VM with these details

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

In reply to arrgee1991:

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately I do not own another device that I could try and sign in on, so we cannot go down that particular avenue.

As for uninstalling/reinstalling the app—on Windows 10 for desktop/laptop there is, to the best of my knowledge, no app (I've just searched for 'Sky Sports' in the Windows 10 store and no matches were found [on the plus side it means that no accidental fires can be started]). Access to Sky Sports must be gained through their website, and that is where the problem arises.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Martin_Hill.

Are you using your primary Virgin Media login to get into sky sports? As you can no longer log in with sub accounts only the primary. 

Thanks

Steven_

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for responding Steven—it is appreciated.

There are several threads on this messageboard populated by people who are experiencing the same problem as myself (indeed—another thread about this very same matter was started this morning).

I refuse to believe that collectively we have all lost knowledge of how to sign in to Sky Sports through the VM portal via the Sky Sports website—I quite simply refuse to believe it. In another thread started by Keithmcd62, someone by the name of JimboJim posted a twitter conversation he had with a VM representative who acknowledged (i.e. the VM representative did) that there is a problem regarding signing in to Sky Sports through the VM portal on the Sky Sports website, only they don't know why the problem is occurring or how long it will take to fix.

It would appear that the problem is not at our end but lies with VM/Sky. No amount of inquiring as to whether I have slots available for devices or if I'm using my primary account will solve this snafu and put Humpty back together again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Ok, I wasn't aware that our maintenance had affected logging into Sky Sports as well. I have looked into this further and can advise you that our team are still working to get the issue resolved and hope to have it resolved very soon.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Steven.

Sometimes on this forum it can feel like there is a level of disconnect between those who use the TV Go service and those who are there to help—sometimes it is unavoidable, on other occasions less so. It is always much appreciated when a member of the forum team takes the time to investigate a problem.

Hopefully you'll be able to keep myself and the others who are experiencing this problem apprised of any developments.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Martin_Hill.

I will always try to help as much as I can, its a shame that I cant do more on this one but I will let you know when there is an update for this.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos