cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use TV Go until 1 Oct 2023.

gpclark1951
Joining in

Hi, for some reason I've been locked out until 1 Oct - stating I've used maximum 5 devices.  Having read much of the blurb around cookies I'm aware of how its happened.  However, waiting another 12 days is very unsatisfactory.  Trying to get through to Virgin Media is a trial.  Can anyone help please?

4 REPLIES 4

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey, gpclark1951.
Thanks for joining our help forums and for your first post here, nice to have you on board and a warm welcome to the VM community. 🙂

We're sorry to hear you've had trouble with accessing your TV Go account due to this error recently, we'd love to see how to best assist you.

Could you please tell us more on what error you get when trying to sign in to the App and if there's a password matching issue or do you get the message that you cannot make more changes to your registered devices/add new devices etc?
Also, do you get the same problem on any device or browser you've tested for this, if possible to check?

Let us know and we'll be eager to help out based on this feedback, cheers.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

gpclark1951
Joining in

The error is I cannot use Virgin on the Go until 1 October because I've exceeded my maximum 5 devices, even though I only ever use my mobile phone or Windows 11 laptop.  Recently I did clear my history and cookies.  I'm really frustrated that I cannot access the sport.

Thanks for coming back to us gpclark1951,

Can we ask if you have made any adjustments to your registered devices in the last month? You advised that you have recently cleared your history and cookies, by doing this it will register you device as a new device.

Unfortunately, if this is the case, we would not be able to reset your devices before that date.

If you are only using your Mobile device and your Laptop, we suggest saving your cookies, as this will happen again once you clear them.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards Jodi. 

I'm sorry, but reading the amount of other people who are having the same problem, surely your process is seriously flawed.  We've been considering moving to Sky - you've sped up our decision.