cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't turn off audio description in VM Go web app

kawolskijoe
Tuning in

When watching virgin media go via the web app (https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/) I get audio descriptions (sometimes) and can't turn them off. I notice it particularly whilst watching Frasier on channel 4 in the morning (and it seems a little random, it doesn't happen all the time when you'd maybe expect an audio description).

It doesn't happen on the mobile app on my phone when "English 2" is selected, but I don't see a way of setting that in the web app, there is just an option to choose subtitles or not. How can I turn it off?

Screenshot 2023-04-04 at 09.13.29.png

?

8 REPLIES 8

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi kawolskijoe,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue on your Virgin Tv Go service. 

Is this happening on different web browsers? 

^Martin

Hi, I’ll have to check safari in the morning.

The audio options that appear do seem to be different depending on the channel you watch, which I guess is down to what the programme at the time supports.

Strange that on that particular channel and programme an audio description can be heard but there are no options for it.

Sorry for the delay, I was on holiday. 

The similar thing happens in Safari, but the options are slightly different, it just shows 2 audio options that can't be changed, so I still hear audio descriptions but can't turn them off.

Screenshot 2023-04-17 at 09.33.13.png

Morning @kawolskijoe 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Is it only on Channel 4 for you as we're not able to replicate this here.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

From what I can tell I only seem to hear the audio description on C4 and only when Frasier is on in a morning, maybe it's programme specific, I dunno the intricacies.

However, the options to change the audio are both disabled on a lot of channels, so that's definitely an issue.

HI kawolskijoe, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

It's definitely a strange one as things are working as they should be here. 

• Can you let us know some more information?
  • What is the make and model device you are using?
  • What operating system are you using?
  • Is your browser fully up to date?
  • Is this happening on Live TV or On Demand?
  • Is this happening on all devices or just one particular one?

Pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have this issue a lot too, in my case particularly with BT Sport. Same inability to stop audio description which is also completely out of line and usually describing something that has already been shown Similarly unable to with off. English 1 and English 2 both being ticked. Unrequested subtitles are common too, but can usually be switched off and on by selecting despite being shown as off and then selecting a second time to switch off. This occurs in Safari, Friendly Streaming, not a problem however in Chrome TVGo app, however this counts itself as another device even though on the same mac as Safari and FS. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Many apologies for the issues faced TW11VMedia,

Welcome back to the community.

Can I ask is this happening on all devices?

Let us know,

Kain