Menu
Montiban66
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can’t register new devices on TV go app. Or uninstall old ones ?

Trying to watch sky sports on tv go app. Device keeps saying device limit reached . Even though it’s one of the registered devices? I can watch every other channel except any sky sports channels. I haven’t cancelled sky sports ? But can watch on my phone , TV etc very very frustrating. Can’t get through to Virgin for ANY help.

Dean_C
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can’t register new devices on TV go app. Or uninstall old ones ?

Hi Montiban66,

We're aware of an issue where TV Go isn't working and is advising that your device limit has been reached.

Our team are currently investigating this issue, the reference is F008461634. We'll provide an update as soon as we know more.

Regards,

Dean C
Community Moderator 

jhactually
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You're aware?

Not as aware as those of us who watch mainly through the web site.

If you're aware of this problem - why did you then switch off the Windows app which was working?

There are SO many threads about this, dating back at least a couple of weeks, if not more, but you can't tell us anything? Or restore the windows app in the meantime?

My contract is finished and up for renewal, which is stressful in itself - just sayin'.

0 Kudos
Tomasoq
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Maximum of devices reached

You have reached the maximum of devices which can be registered to your account.

You can use one of those registered devices, or register a new device on 01.11.2020 00:00 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get the above message when I try and watch anything on the App. The problem is, the device I'm using is one of the registered devices.

I rely on this app a lot, even a temporary solution would be much appreciated.

fastrook
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This has been going on for years, at least since last world cup finals. I mean how is the above moderator post an answer? Virgin TV absolutely sucks. I am using the app on a desktop and this evening, surprise, surprise, I had to register my pc as a new device in order to watch the football, even though I have been using it successfully for weeks. Clearly there is a problem with the program. I wonder if it actually detects the device at all, since you are warned not to change the browser you are using (when watching on line). Basically you pay your money upfront, so there's no financial incentive to meet customer needs.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey @fastrook and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear that you've been having issues with your TV go app. Regarding your issues with registering devices, you can find more information about that issue here on the following thread about how the system works https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/TV-Go-registered-devices/td-p/4457311

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos