Menu
Stumbler
Dialled in
Message 31 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't log in to virgingo app

Hi,

It won't be until tomorrow now. I'm thinking it has to be a software clash somewhere down the line. And, we know how often Microsoft like to "shuffle their pack".

I'll update this thread with what I find.

John

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 32 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Cheers buddy speak soon 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Stumbler
Dialled in
Message 33 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, multiple "irons in the fire"......

Anyway, I started in safe mode and there was no change in the behaviour of the Virgin TV Go App. One thing I did notice in safe mode was that I was unable to access the App's Settings (to reset the App). I was receiving the following error :-

"The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application"

My next step would be to disable all non-Microsoft services from the start-up and try safe mode again. That is unless you guys have any other suggestions..............

Regards

John

0 Kudos
Stumbler
Dialled in
Message 34 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Just to update, I seem to have serious latency issues in my rig which are proving difficult to resolve.

However, I do not believe that this would have an impact on the non-functioning "sign-in" button in the Virgin TV Go app.......

John

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 35 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stumbler, 

Thanks for the update, 

Could you try removing and re- adding the app once more after the latency issues are resolved?

we've checked everything here and it's not a problem we've encountered before, and we don't see any reason, from what you've done so far why this wouldn't work.

We've checked this with the app team and this is their recommendation based on the information you've provided us.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos