cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access TiVo remotely :(

Delta99
Dialled in

I've not tried to do this in a while - but know I didn't have any issues last time I tried a few months back.  Now, however, I keep getting an error message about the TV Go only being available for Virgin customers, yet I've come to that page after signing in.  But on the page with the error I can't sign in there - it just reloads the page with the error msg every time on the TiVo sign in page.  First image is the page I start from and then when I click on Manage My Box I get the 2nd image every time.  I do have a new TiVo from when I last used this service, but it just won't let me update the details.  The box has been turned on/off which didn't change anything.  I'm a bit lost on what else to do.  

.TiVo.JPG

TiVo2.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Assuming you have a TiVo or a V6 TiVo, you use the Virgin TV Control app to manage recordings, not the Virgin TV Go app.

The Virgin TV Go app is used for the newer TV 360 box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Delta99 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you back onto our community forum 😊.

Sorry to see there is an issue with trying to change details ☹.

Just so we can have a better understanding of this, please can you expand on what is it your trying to change of the details?

Please let us know, we will do what we can to help.

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

hatfield
Dialled in

I've been getting exactly the same error since last weekend, I raised the issue on this site and it has been ignored. Have you tried opening that page using private browsing? This might suggest you need to clear your cookies and site data, however I tried that and it didn't work for me.

I've done this multiple times and now i'm getting the message :

Maximum of devices reached
You have reached the maximum of devices which can be registered to your
account. You can use one of those registered devices, or register a new device on
01-08-2023 00:00 AM.

Chris H

Hi Ari
Thanks for your reply.   I'm mainly trying to access what used to be TVAnywhere but I believe is now TVGo (?) in order to remotely set up recordings when I'm not near my TiVo box.  But unless I can access the box itself I obviously can't do that.  I was able to access a screen with all the channels on it, but wasn't able to use it to set up recordings.  Any of the other screens I tried just pushed me on to the screen with that error message.  The silly thing is that I'd already logged in to the system before going to that page, so it's hard to figure why it then thought I wasn't a customer.

It seems the box isn't now registered on the system yet if I try to register it again I get the error msg.  I've tried different browsers, cleared caches & cookies etc, but no joy. 😞

Hi Delta99 👋🏼.

Thank you for getting back to me 😊

Can you access any channels at all?

What happens when you restart or sign out? 

I will look into this for you in more detail. 

I will be private messaging you, please watch out for the envelope ✉.

Thank you.  

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Ari - no, anytime I try to do anything with respect to accessing the box remotely it throws up that msg, even when I sign in again.

Thanks.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Assuming you have a TiVo or a V6 TiVo, you use the Virgin TV Control app to manage recordings, not the Virgin TV Go app.

The Virgin TV Go app is used for the newer TV 360 box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hmm interesting - not sure which box I have but it was changed over a year ago, so I'd presume the newer one anyway.  I wasn't aware there were 2 different apps which might explain some of the problem.  Again, I'll have to wait until the service issues are resolved before checking that out again.  Thanks Ernie.

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Delta99 👋🏼.

Thank you for joining me on private message. 

As we rectified there was a service issue. Always keep at eye out for the estimated time and date of fixture as that can change. 

Always remember as I have mentioned you can always click this 👉🏼 link to access our service status page.

To see if there are any faults that may affect your services. 

You can also rung a test on our app to see if there are any potential faults with your service. Then if there is it will prompt you to book an engineer, depending on the fault. 

Click this link to access our Virgin Media app. 

Ever need us, remember we are one post away!

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

Delta99
Dialled in

Just to confirm I managed to get sorted using the "TV Control" app - just thankful as always for all the speedy help provided here.  Keeps me with Virgin, as I keep hearing how those with other providers can't get help easily from them.  THANK YOU! 🙂