cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I record TV programmes remotely via TVGo on my PC?

Delta99
Dialled in

A few years back when the old TVAnywhere was available, it used to be an easy thing to just sign in from anywhere on my PC and select a TV programme to record on the TIVO.

Now I've just spent 2/3 of the time of the programme I wanted to record trying to figure out how to do it on the new TVGo site.  I can find my TIVO ok but seem to only be able to watch live programmes online - hunted everywhere for the option to record it without success.  Eventually gave up, & went & did it manually on the darned TIVO.  Small thing, but when I'm ill it used to be a great help to not have to walk down 2 flights of stairs for the purpose!

Have I just missed it, or is it another of the stupid App things only now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Delta99 

I've just done a quick forum search of your previous posts and it seems you have either a Tivo or V6 box. As advised in << this thread >> 

If you have a TiVo or a V6 TiVo, you use the Virgin TV Control app to manage recordings, not the Virgin TV Go app.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Delta99 

You should be able to set the recording from the TV Guide as per the photospress recordpress record below

record from tvgo on computerrecord from tvgo on computer

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

V Guide Live TV Listings Virgin Media.png

Yeh, see that's what I'd have hoped for, but the above is what I'm getting 😞  Same for all programmes - best I got was a Watch button but none of the rest. 

Is it a security thing or something?  I mean I'm logged in on the TIVO etc or at least can access it fully from the same site, so can't figure out where the block is.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

You have to sign into your VM account to be able to record.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Delta99
Dialled in

Confused - so not just to be signed in to TVGo?  (As I was).  So I'd have to go to Virgins website & sign in there first before opening up TVGo & signing in there as well?  Never had to do that before,

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Delta99 

I've just done a quick forum search of your previous posts and it seems you have either a Tivo or V6 box. As advised in << this thread >> 

If you have a TiVo or a V6 TiVo, you use the Virgin TV Control app to manage recordings, not the Virgin TV Go app.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Delta99
Dialled in

Ahh yes, think this has indeed happened to me before with this confusion over the right app for this box.  So frustrating as I seem to always get pushed to the TVGo & forget!!  Thanks for the reminder!

Hi Delta99, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

Have you managed to to record the programmes. 

Can you confirm if this is an issue for you? 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Delta99
Dialled in

Hi Chris

Thanks for checking.  I've not yet managed it as I was really looking for a PC option, but gather TVAnywhere is now only available on the App.  I've no room on my devices for any more Apps as they're old devices without much memory.  But if there's an easy option for being able to use it on the PC I'd love to know about it 🙂