Menu
slartibartfast1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Black screen on Sky sports

When I try to watch live TV on Sky sports it looks like it is going to play until after "preparing" when the screen stays black. There is also no sound. This is on a Galaxy S5. 

0 Kudos
Louis_R
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Black screen on Sky sports

Hi slartibartfast1,

Thank you for your post, we are very sorry to hear this has been the case. Has this issue continued since your post? If so, we would recommend deleting the app from your device, re-downloading and entering your details. Please let us know how you get on with this first step. 

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos
slartibartfast1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have reinstalled the app a few times and it makes no difference. 

0 Kudos
Louis_R
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi slartibartfast1,

We are sorry to hear you have continued to experience this issue and we would like to take a further look into things for you. This will require confirming some account related security checks via a private message. We will follow up straight away.

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos
dewbat
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Was this issue resolved? I am having exactly the same problem, but on two different devices - phone and tablet.

0 Kudos
slartibartfast1
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I don't think it is fixed for Android 7. I ended up with an Android 10 phone where it does actually work. Shame the same can't be said for Sky Cinema.

0 Kudos
dewbat
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. My tablet is running Android 7 and my phone Android 9.

0 Kudos
HWINTERTON
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Has anyone managed to resolve this issue?  I'm also getting the black screen on an Android tablet 8.1.0 running the App Version 8.182(224)
but works successfully on an old Android tablet v5.1 running the same App version.

0 Kudos
Wam7
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Getting the same thing on a Phone and Tablet both running versions of Android 10. Saying 'Preparing' but then only black screen. I strongly suspect it might be caused by rooted devices.

I have tried it on 4 devices in my home and the 2 that are rooted, even using Magisk Hide and renamed, are giving me a black screen. The others one running Android 8 the other on 10 are not rooted and it works fine.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wam7, thanks for the message. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the Sky Sports, can you uninstall and reinstall thus ensuring that it is running the latest version of the software ^Chris

0 Kudos