cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport on virgin app not working

kimmie1983
Tuning in

Hi,

I am having trouble playing BT sport through the Virgin Go app and internet site Onlaptop.All other channels are working fine. i get a message stating not available at the moment.

15 REPLIES 15

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Which BT Sport channel is a problem for you? There's 4 of them...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

All of them. All the other sports channels load but BT sport i have a message stating not available.

Hi there @kimmie1983

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to hear that you are facing this issue! 

Can I ask what device you are using to via TV Go? 

Have you been able to try on other devices? If so do they present the same error. 

Thank you. 

Hi, i am using a dell laptop. I have tried to access through the app and also internet explorer. I have downloaded mozilla and chrome and still having same problem. BT sport works fine thru Virgin Go app on apple ipad, samsung tablet and imac.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @kimmie1983,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing issue. Can you tell us if you're able to delete the app and then re-install it to see if this can help resolve the issue? 

Do you have access to BT Sports channels on Live TV? 

Have you recently upgraded your package to have access to BT Sports channels?

Please let us know so we can help further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, we have recently changed our contract but have always had access to BT sport that has never changed. I have tried to delete and reinstall the app and still doesnt work. My laptop is fully up to date with updates and recently reinstalled microsoft so this cant be the issue either

Hi kimmie1983, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

It certainly sounds strange. Based on what you've mentioned, it sounds as though things are working OK when using an app through a mobile device but when trying to watch on the laptop it's not working. Is this the only device it's not working on? 

Are you able to watch other channels on the laptop or do these come up with an error too? 

Pop back and let us know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, yes it is strange. Yes all other channels work fine with no issues. Wondered if BT sport has a blockage on watching theu laptops?? It works fine through imac and tablets but just get not available on laptop.

@Kath_F wrote:

Hi kimmie1983, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

It certainly sounds strange. Based on what you've mentioned, it sounds as though things are working OK when using an app through a mobile device but when trying to watch on the laptop it's not working. Is this the only device it's not working on? 

Are you able to watch other channels on the laptop or do these come up with an error too? 

Pop back and let us know.

Thanks, 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@kimmie1983 wrote:

Hi, i am using a dell laptop. I have tried to access through the app and also internet explorer. I have downloaded mozilla and chrome and still having same problem. BT sport works fine thru Virgin Go app on apple ipad, samsung tablet and imac.

Hi @kimmie1983 

You should be able to use the browser version on a laptop. 

https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en.html 

If you are using Windows 10 or 11 the browser should offer to install the web app (the windows app has been discontinued)

tv gotv go

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali