cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport not working on Virgin TV Go

Kristianlaff
Joining in

I’ve seen lots of people with this problem over the past few years but not sure how to solve it. Whenever I try to watch BT Sport on Virgin TV Go I get the error message “Not Available - sorry we can’t play this at the moment”. 

This has been going on for a few months now. Any suggestions?

15 REPLIES 15

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this, literally, "whenever"? Or only when certain programmes/events are being shown?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Well I only try and watch BT Sport when football is on, so I could qualify it by saying “whenever” football is on.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Kristianlaff,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having trying to watch BT sport on TV GO.

Is this for all the BT sport channels or just one in particular?

Do you have issues with any other channels on TV GO?

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the app?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi @Steven_L

it is for all BT Sport channels.

Every other channel seems to work fine.

I’ve tried reinstalling the app but it doesn’t solve the problem.

thanks,

Kristian

Hi Kristianlaff, thanks for the message and sorry to hear about the issues with TVGO. Can you confirm if this is happening both with the app and when viewed using a browser? Can you send us a screen shot of the error message? - Chris 

Hi,

it’s okay on a browser on laptop. The issue is with the iPhone app. Here’s a screenshot.

thanks

3BAF377E-71E0-4200-AA7D-26588A98CE5D.png

Thank you for the screenshot.

Hmm, as it works fine on the browser, it may be an issue with the device.

Can you please confirm the make and model of your device and the IOS version? This is so we can ensure that the IOS version is compatible with the latest version of TV Go.

Thanks

Beth

Kristianlaff
Joining in

Hi.

I am having an identical issue which has been going on for more than six months. Please could someone at Virgin advise?

thanks

Hi Beth,

sorry for slow reply- the football season finished so I stopped trying.

it is an iPhone 12 running iOS 15.6.1.

sky sports, nowTV, Disney+, Netflix and Apple TV all work fine. Other non-BT sport channels work fine, but BT Sports will not play. My best guess is that someone has prioritised DRM over user-experience but not done a great job with either. Would you be able to help me to fix this, please?

thanks