cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport not showing on TV Go App

StrangelyBrown
Joining in

BT Sport content is not showing on the mobile app. When I tune in to says ‘unable to currently display’ the  content. Other channels seem fine - My sky sports is working fine on app (and tv) as is sky movies - as also within package. BT sport shows on TV box okay but content is unavailable in App. Have rebooted box and birds and hub (no changes and unsurprisingly to no effect) cannot get help and support . Anyone have suggestions ?? Anyone else suffering similarly ? 

SB

PS - when I do a systems check via the app it inexplicably says my tv box isn’t connecting (it is- I have all channels and broadband is fully working ) 

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@StrangelyBrown wrote:

BT Sport content is not showing on the mobile app. When I tune in to says ‘unable to currently display’ the  content. Other channels seem fine - My sky sports is working fine on app (and tv) as is sky movies - as also within package. BT sport shows on TV box okay but content is unavailable in App. Have rebooted box and birds and hub (no changes and unsurprisingly to no effect) cannot get help and support . Anyone have suggestions ?? Anyone else suffering similarly ? 

SB

PS - when I do a systems check via the app it inexplicably says my tv box isn’t connecting (it is- I have all channels and broadband is fully working ) 

HI @StrangelyBrown 

BT Sport channels are working for me via the TVGO app. 

I don't know how you are able to view the Sky Sports channels on the TVGO app, as they are only available to watch via the Sky Sports app.

I notice you say that when you perform a systems check via the app it says your tv box isn’t connecting

Are you using a third party router?  Which set top box do you have?  Which mobile device are you using?  Do you see the same error when using a different mobile device, or when using the desktop player on a PC/laptop?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks newappollo.

using deco third party mesh router.

I can see sky sports via their own app (or not virgin go - sorry for ambiguity) 

i have a v6 set top box. 

mobile device is iPhone on EE. Hitherto no issues at all.

have reset tv box and hub. All to no avail.

any enlightened thoughts ?

thanks in advance !

SB

Thank you for that StrangelyBrown.

Can you confirm if you have been able to test this via the Web Browser version?

^Martin