cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio but no video on TV go app

davymains
Joining in

downloaded the app onto my new Lenovo M10 plus tablet. No problems signing or seeing the channels, but when I select a programme, I get no video - audio works fine

Any suggestions or help? Other TV apps are working fine

22 REPLIES 22

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @davymains

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us. 

I'm very sorry to hear you're having some video issues with the TV Go app, I can appreciate this must be frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Have you tried loading TV Go in a browser rather than the app? If so, how does the video perform? If not, please try this as it'll help us see if this is an issue with the app itself. 

Have you also tried removing and redownloading the app? Sometimes this can help resolve any glitches you may be experiencing. 

Let us know, thanks 🙂 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

hi Sofia,

tried in a browser and that works well. Tried re-installing the app twice, but no change. Any suggestions?

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your quick response @davymains

Very sorry to hear the issue persists with the app. Are you able to download the app on alternative device such as your mobile so we can see if this is a device issue? 

Let us know 🙂 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I cant because I cant remove any old devices and cant add a new one - I'll lose my access if I try that. Theirs 5  devices listed on our account - old tablet, new tablet and three browsers ....

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry about that @davymains

To confirm, on the other devices registered does the app work as it it should? With no picture issues? 

Thanks 🙂 

Sofia
Forum Team

worked perfectly on previous devices (ipad / samsung phablet)

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for that, 

Do you use all the 5 devices that are attached to the TV go? 

As you can remove some of them and replace with a new deice such as a mobile to see if it works on there. 

May also sound incredibly obvious, but have you restarted the tablet to see if this makes any change? 

Is there any particular show or movie you are trying to watch or is it everything you select? 

Thanks, 

Sasha 

Sasha - Forum Team

Thanks Sacha but thats not terribly helpful. No I dont use all 5 devices - theres a bug in your system that fills the device slots when we use chrome to login - you should know that. I cant remove the last redundant device because your system only allows one change per month (I know it says 3 but it locks after 1).

And yes, I have restarted the device several times - thats 101. I'm here because I was hoping another user had a solution

Hi @davymains

Thanks for coming back to us. Is this happening when using your own broadband connection as well as say mobile data?

If so, could you check if the device software is upto date?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill