Menu
sjk5251
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Audio Description/Subtitles TV go app

Hello,

I recently starting using the Virgin TV go app and I am unable to access any subtitles or audio description on the TV go app on my laptop.

I have searched the internet for a long time for the answer but all i can get from the virgin support website is that it is in the 'language options icon'.

I cannot see this on any channels and the settings in the TV go app only have parental setting and channel list. I am sure the programmes I am trying to watch have audio description as they have them on my virgin TV box. 

I think that it is awful that this is so hard to access as several of my family members rely on them. This is the first time i have ever posted on a forum and it is only because i have no other option, the virgin support is very poor and i am already considering cancelling my virgin TV contract even though i have had it for a very short time. 

any help would be massively appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Audio Description/Subtitles TV go app

Hi sjk5251, thanks for your post - apologies for the delay getting back to you.

May I ask which content you're trying to get subtitles/audio description for specifically? It's my understanding that they're not always available it does depend what you're trying to watch - is it live TV or On Demand/Box Set content?

Tom

0 Kudos
sjk5251
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom,

Cheers for getting back to me. I have been trying to get it on a sky cinema channel on my laptop, so live TV, I was able to watch the same movie on Demand with subtitles/audio description but would like the ability to do it for live TV. I can see that the movie did have audio description/subtitles as when i watched it through my box on the TV it had them. 

It seems to be more of a case of been unable to find the icon to put them on, i have looked online to see that it is called the 'language options icon' and what it looks like but can never seem to find it on the stream on my laptop.

Any help would be appreciated, I actually also have another question about not being able to use more than one device to view sky sports at the same time, even though it says I can use 2 at the same time? i assume that the TV/box doesnt count as a device? If you can help me with that as well it would be very useful.

thanks again 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sjk5251,

Thanks for using the forums to get your questions answered, I am sorry you're finding it a little hard to find the subtitles on your TV GO app. I believe it does again depend on the program that you are watching whether subtitles are available. As for the television, some TV models actually come with a built-in subtitle setting so even if your Virgin TV does not have them, you might be able to find a setting within your TV. 

Moving onto your multiple devices, yes you should be able to watch the same channel on two different devices, I have a link here that may help explore and resolve this for you 🙂 

Thanks,

Megan_L 

0 Kudos
sjk5251
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan,

I am 100% sure that the programme did have subtitles and audio description, as I have said several times, because it had them on the TV/box. I think it is absolutely ridiculous that it is not possible to get these on the app, they are very important to many people and it is a disgrace that they are impossible to access.

The reason that I decided to use a forum to ask my question is that the Virgin online information pages are genuinely useless. It says on the page that you added a link to that i can watch more than 1 but whenver I try to watch more than one it says that too many accounts are in use, why would it be doing this? Again I am 100% sure that I am only watching it on two devices so I can't see any reason why it would not be working. 

Would appreciate any help that is not in the form of a link to a page that I can very easily find myself.

As I previously said I seriously considering cancelling my contract as I can't access what is advertised.

0 Kudos
sjk5251
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Edit: 

The programme 100% had subtitles/audio description through virgin and not my TV

If I sign everyone out of the sky and then try to sign in on 2 devices, can you think of any reason why it would not be working? Or is it genuinely broken? 

The error message I am getting is OVP_00014

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi sjk5251,

Just to confirm when you advise it worked through Virgin and not on your TV. Are you referring to the app?

^Martin

0 Kudos
sjk5251
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin,

it worked on my TV through the virgin box (NOT subtitles built into the TV), it would then not work on the virgin TV go app on my laptop.

thanks

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Which programs have you had this issue with?

^Martin

0 Kudos
sjk5251
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sky Cinema channels - more specifically it was one of the harry potter movies. Again I am 100% sure that this programme had audio description/subtitles. I really dont know how I can make this any clearer

0 Kudos