cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody having trouble with passwords?

Weaselg46
Tuning in

Cant sign in to my TVGO app but works fine when I try to get into the Virgin media account?

Customer services just say must be a software problem, no timescale to fix it and just say try again tomorrow.  So when on hols I'll be paying for precisely nothing to watch

6 REPLIES 6

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Weaselg46 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing 😔

What's happening exactly when you try signing into the TV Go app? Also, are you having the same issue when trying to access TV Go through a browser?

Furthermore, what's the latest information you've been provided in terms of the problem being dealt with?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience and we'll do our very best to help.

Regards,
Daniel

When i try to log in to tv go i get the message incorrect user name or password.  I can't change the password just in case I've forgotten it (which i haven't) but my normal password works fine on the virgin website itself,  so i can see access my details,  contract etc.

I've tried old passwords, but its just not having it.  No resolution has been put forward except give it a try tomorrow.?

Thanks

Ray

Hi Ray

Thanks for getting back to us.

Were you able to try signing into TV Go via the browser version? If so, what was the outcome?

Have you tried using multiple different devices to see if you have the problem with the password there too? You might need to clear the cache from the TV Go app or try changing your password again.

Let us know

Beth

Weaselg46
Tuning in

Spent another 2 hours on the phone this evening tring to sort this out but the more I look the bleaker it becomes.  I see several people having exactly the same issue going back to 2018 (I did say 2021 but I found some more)

I have just joined Virgin Media and I must say not had a good ride in my first 2 weeks.  I took this package specifically so I could watch TV away from home.  Ive been trying to sort this for the last week and a half and all I get is the same thing - password change (can't... and you can't change it either) different OS (tried 3 so far) on data (tried outdoors) on broadband (tried indoors) Yes it all works fine on the myvirginmedia account, no I cant change my password there either, I'll pass it to the second line team (must be 5 times now) but now I've found 8 pages of the same  complaint I can see Offcom getting involved as you are currently in breach of contract in not supplying the services advertised...

So looks like I've got 2 years of complaining ahead of me or have any of the people on the 8 pages of complaints been fixed?  Come back Sky all is forgiven.

Please don't patronise me by saying wow I've moved up a level because I made a post beacuse thats not going to help my mood

Beth...

I have tried multiple devices on multiple operating systems with no luck.   I think it's an account admin problem rather than an IT problem as I'm not able to change passwords or edit the details in my myvirginmedia account either,  and neither can you as administrators.  Seems there is some sort of lock on my account that prevents changes.  I did suggest deleting my account and starting again as a new user may be the answer?

Either way the problem still goes on and I have the same promise of IT being in touch within 5 to 7 days.   I have two tickets out on this one and nobody could find the first ticket so that explains why I haven't had a call back yet.  Now waiting for a call back on the second ticket. 

Hey Weaselg46,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your TV go application, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L